Saturday, March 16, 2013

Personal Style

 

personal style



"Ohmygosh!  Look what I found!  This is so you!"

That was what one of my best friends squealed when she ran up to me in the thrift shop while we were shopping.  There was something about that moment that kept making me go back to it, relive it.  Today, I realised why.



You.  That was the word that made that moment so special, so important.  I think that a distinct personal style is one of the most important things - if not the most - when it comes to fashion.  Without it, you would be like a sponge, soaking up everything and anything that is around you, the dirt and filth of opposite styles clashing in the worst possible way ending up all over you, making you nothing more than someone trying oh-so desperately to be someone else.  I've learned the hard way that desperation is never attractive.  Ever.

So I sat there, thinking to myself, "What is my personal style?"  For a really long time, I thought that it was simply whatever I liked, whatever suited my body type, but it's so much more than that.  I think that to state that your style is what you like is such an understatement (yes, I realised the error of my ways).  What you wear is how you express yourself and who you are.  It's how you choose to present yourself to the world everyday and it's usually one's first impression of you.  So make it count.  Make it memorable.  Make it you.  And don't let anybody change that.



Thanks for reading!
-  J

2 comments:

  1. I love this post so much.I am almost 20, married, a mommy to a beautiful puppy, and I still have not yet found "my" style. I know what I like, of course, but I don't feel like I've quite found what just describes me and shows off who I am. I feel like personal style is definitely something that just gets better with age. You constantly grow and evolve as a person, and I feel like your style will always do the same.

    -Megan
    www.armywifestylelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment! It's pretty crazy and amazing how you found this post... it was so long ago. Anyway, I definitely agree with you that your personal style grows with you as it's a part of who you are.

      - Juliana

      Delete