Wednesday, April 10, 2013

3 Coachella Outfit Ideas for the Weekend



spring outfit inspiration coachella outfit ideas

Music festivals (in our case, Coachella) is quite the fashion central.  I'm really curious and excited to see the outfits that these festival-goers will come up with this year.  And to all of those lucky enough to go, to see the sun, hear the music, and see the fashion first-hand - I'm jealous.



Loving Him Was Red spring outfit inspiration coachella outfit ideas

To me, this is the perfect edgy, but comfortable outfit for the festival.  When I think of festival fashion, I think of flowy dresses, floppy hats, and cork (or wooden) wedges.  The fringe bag really ties it all together for me, even if it's quite pricey.  I'm sure you could find similar ones at your local stores, or just use a crossbody that you already have for this outfit.

1.  American Apparel Floppy Wool Hat
2.  Carole Stud Shield Ring
3.  Warlock Wooden Wedges
4.  Forever 21 Leopard Midi Dress
5.  Urban Outfitters Spike Ear Cuff Earring
6.  ModCloth The Best of Fronds Bracelet
7.  Nasty Gal Serenity Fringe Bag


Lace, Lace, Lace spring outfit inspiration coachella outfit ideas
I actually love this ensemble so much.  I was looking around on A Beautiful Mess's blog when I saw an ad for ChicWish with the model wearing this top, and I immediately fell in love with it.  It's just such a unique piece, I've never seen anything like it.  I paired it with a pink bralette just to make it a bit edgier and burgundy cut off shorts.  I polished it up a bit with the metallic sandals and kept the rest of it pretty low key.

1. Victoria's Secret Lace Racerback Bralette
2. Urban Outfitters Kat Metal Sunglasses
3. Urban Outfitters Lace Roses Headwrap
4. ChicWish Crochet Mesh Mid-Sleeve Top
5. AE Destroyed Festival Shortie
6. TopShop Box Chain Lariat Necklace
7. O'Neill Shine Bag
8. Forever 21 Metallic Strap Sandals


Faded Splatters spring outfit inspiration coachella outfit ideas

This might be kind of weird, but I fell in love with these overalls when I first laid eyes on it.  I don't think I could rock the overalls look, and if you don't think you can, go ahead and switch the overalls out for your favourite pair of jean shorts.  For this look, I wanted to play around with the old and the new.  So I paired the old and vintage-looking tank and overalls with a hologram satchel (which looks really futuristic, in my opinion) and the red hat just brightens up the whole outfit.

1.  F1491 Round Sunglasses
2.  TopShop Super Heroes Tank
3. TopShop Bleached Denim Overalls (Dungarees)
(Urban Outfitters has a nice pair as well)
4.  AEO Leather Belt
5.  American Apparel Floppy Wool Hat
6. Nasty Gal Hologram Satchel
7. H&M Sandals
I hope you enjoyed my outfit ideas for Coachella!  This could also double as a spring/summer lookbook, if you'd like.  If you guys want to see it, I'll definitely do a spring lookbook post.


Thanks for reading!
- J

Image Credit: www.weheartit.com

4 comments:

  1. Great picks. Love the lace. Thanks for your comment. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing picks =D I'm also really excited to see coachella outfits =D I Wish I could go...

    http://sensiblestylista.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: Sensiblestylist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It would be so cool to go someday...

      Delete