Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sunday Funday: Nostalgia Hits

iPiccy


Hi there!  It's Sunday, so here's this week's Sunday Funday!  It was a pretty hectic week which is no longer unusual, it seems.  I'm so glad that the week's over, but at the same time, I'm pretty sad about it because it's my last week of school next week and I'm probably not going to see the majority of the people in my class ever again when school starts up again.

Anyway, all that sad and nostalgic stuff aside, if you'd like to know how I spent my week, keep on reading!


Memories were made that day.

Pinterest


There were a few complications with our original grad trip where we could actually leave the city, so we had a pretty blah grad trip, to say the least.  Don't get me wrong, it was still pretty amazing to spend the day with my friends and classmates and the memories made will last me a lifetime, but I just wished that the activities were actually fun and not cringe-worthy.

In short, we went on a "haunted" walk (in broad daylight, no less), ate lunch at the mall, and saw a documentary.  In French.  If you couldn't tell from my tone, it wasn't very fun.  On the bright side, the seats in the theatre were extremely comfortable and they reclined, which was pretty darn cool.  And I had an incredibly unhealthy, but delicious A&W burger for lunch which made up for the boring movie.


Bloglovin updated their mobile app and it's better than ever.


When I started my blog and made a Bloglovin and all that jazz, the Android app for Bloglovin was actually really crappy.  It took forever to load the posts and I never ended up being able to read the posts in the end.  Fortunately, Bloglovin decided to fix this horrendous problem and the app now works like a dream.  I know that it was updated a few weeks ago, but it was this week that I truly fell in love with the app.  I don't actually have to go onto the blog's often annoying mobile sites and it's really easy to read, which is so nice.





This is pretty much the funniest thing.


I just discovered this this week and it was definitely one of the best things I've seen all week.  It's a Pet Peeves video by MissMeaghanMakeup and it's simply hilarious.  I just can't watch this enough times, it's just amazing.  You should check it out as well if you have fifteen minutes to spare.


Words of Wisdom

Coca Cola / Another Passenger


"No matter what accomplishments you make, someone helped you." - Althea Gibson

As you may know if you've read my previous "Sunday Funday" posts, I'm kind of in charge of my middle school graduation decorations and my amazing group of friends have helped me put our graduation together.   We just finished decorating for our grad the following week and it was such an amazing feeling to be able to finish it all.  

I don't know if they know, despite how much I try to thank them, but I couldn't have done it without them and it truly means the world to me that they gave me a helping hand.  This quote really reminded me that no matter the amazing things you do in life, someone helped you get there and you couldn't have done it alone.  Being a pretty independent person, it's good to have a reminder of that fact.

What have you been up to this week?  Any special plans?  Highlights?  Please leave a comment down below sharing your thoughts!

Thanks for reading!
- J

No comments:

Post a Comment