Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sunday Funday: Life Happened. Again.

Magic | via Tumblr


Hi there! I didn't have a Sunday Funday up last week because the blog makeover just got so hectic and stressful, and I missed writing those posts so much. I didn't realise how much I actually adored writing them until I stopped for a week. I feel like I can just talk to you guys, you know? Simple communication, it's fun.



Fashion Week took over my life.

Barbara Palvin

Image Credit

That's saying quite a bit, considering that I didn't even go to NYFW. My morning routine usually consists of waking up (obviously), checking Twitter and Instagram, hopping out of bed, and then getting ready. If you follow any "fashion people" on Twitter or Instagram, you would've probably realised that your feeds were full to the brim with Fashion Week-related tweets, lomo-inspired snaps of runways, and 15-second long clips of the shows. It was really overwhelming and just crazy, but in the best possible way. It was such an exciting experience (I know this will make me sound totally lame, but whatever) to check the shows everyday on style.com and save my favourite looks on my brand new laptop (which I will talk about later).

If NYFW was this crazy, I don't know how I'm going to survive the next three weeks. Hell, I don't know how the crazy intense (and super awesome) fashion bloggers survive, running from show to show for like a month, but I'm excited to see it all unfold.

I finally got my own laptop!!!

Fairy Lights | via Tumblr

Image Credit

I feel a proper teenager now with my fancy schmancy (not really) laptop. It's no MacBook, but it's like the PC equivalent of it. My lovely parents got me the brand new HP Envy Touchsmart Ultrabook and wouldn't let me pay a cent of it and I absolutely love it. The laptop, I mean, not the fact that they wouldn't let me pay, which was extremely annoying.

At first, I thought the touchscreen would be a useless gimmick, but it turned out to be so useful, especially because I have Windows 8. It's my new baby. Yes, I am one of those people who call their laptops their babies, but don't worry, I haven't named it. Yet. ;)

I'm a freshman in high school now. Wow.

Colors

Image Credit

After having survived the first two weeks of high school, it actually doesn't seem to be as bad as Mia Thermopolis put it. I thought was really worried about making friends and everything because I was going to a school where I didn't know anyone, but I was actually talkative (surprise, eh?) and found some really amazing people.

As for classes and homework, well, after being in Gifted (and being a perfectionist about everything) for two years, it didn't seem too overwhelming. I bet I'm jinxing it by writing this right now, but whatever. I haven't procrastinated at all and have been staying on top of almost everything, and it's making me so happy. I'll be writing a post about how to avoid procrastination and kick its butt soon, so be on the lookout for that!

"And we'll never be royals, royals."



Like everything she introduces me to, my best friend got me hooked on Lorde. She's a 16 year old artist from New Zealand who has just the coolest and most hipster (I have no idea how to describe music, sorry!) music ever. I'm just so obsessed with it and have been listening to her music on repeat for days. You can check out some of her songs on her Soundcloud. My favourites are Royals, The Love Club, and Tennis Court. She's just amazing. Check her out.

How did you guys handle NYFW? Stressful? Excting? Exhilarating? Ever heard of Lorde? What have you been up to this week? Let me know a comment down below!


Thanks for reading!
- J

No comments:

Post a Comment