Tuesday, October 1, 2013

DIY: Eyes on the Back of My Head Beanie


Hi there! I haven't done a DIY in absolutely ages, so I thought that I'd kick off the (rest) of the week with a D-EYE-Y! Get it? Okay, I'm lame, got it.

I've always really loved eyes, especially doodling them all over the work I didn't have to hand in in school. That's why today, I thought I'd do an eye-inspired DIY. And because of the whole Kenzo eye craze, I thought that it'd be good timing. Enjoy!


WHAT YOU'LL NEED




  • plain beanie (the dollar store has some decent options)
  • felt (that's the same colour as your beanie)
  • paint (I used Martha Stewart's Wedding Cake, Purple Yam, Black Beetle, Greek Tile, and Pool)
  • scissors
  • fabric glue (I used Aleene's Flexible Stretchable Fabric Glue)
  • pencil (optional)

Paint your eyes. If you're not very artistic and would like a guide, check out this photo!


Wait for the paint to dry. Cut the eyes out and lay them where you want them on the beanie.


Once you know the general area of where you want to put them, slip the beanie on. While looking in a mirror, glue the eyes on and wait for the glue to dry for about fifteen minutes while wearing your beanie.


And there you go! Super duper simple. You could also iron on the eyes using the photo I gave you if you don't want to go through the trouble of painting it on.


Will you be trying out DIY? Do you have any other DIY requests? Please let me know in a comment below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J

4 comments:

  1. I love this DIY so much! I've actually tried to find a beanie, but I have no idea, why they don't sell the basic ones anywhere in Estonia. I think I'll have more energy to search for a one now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can definitely relate to that. I had such a hard time finding a reasonably priced beanie that was plain and I technically didn't find one. I just had to roll down the little cuffed part of the beanie to make it plain. And I'm super duper glad that you enjoyed this DIY so much! Getting such positive feedback is really nice. :)

      - Juliana

      Delete
  2. I've always loved your DIY posts, especially the ones about painting unique pictures on garments! I have just a question: what do you do to prevent the paintings from being washed off or smeared?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The paint isn't going to stay very well, just FYI. It might be the paint I used which isn't just for fabric, but what I do is I let it dry for a while and then if it's on something that I'll wash, like my Taylor Swift shirt, I'll iron over it to set the colour. Hope I helped!

      - Juliana

      Delete