Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sunday Funday: Epiphanies

INSPIRED BY THIS FEELING


Hi there! Sometimes, there are moments when I mentally freeze time (kind of) so I can make the moment go by all slowmo and do a deep voice-over like in the movies. Only, it's all in my head and the people around me just think I'm being all quiet and shy. This week, I had a few of those moments when I just realised that yeah, high school's supposed to be hard and tough and what not, but I'm having the best time. I'm surrounded by such amazing people and so much freedom and it's just amazing. I'm honestly loving it so much.

Deep stuff aside, here are my highlights of the week/things I'm excited for!



“Romeo save me…”



I don’t think I’ve ever spoken about this love of mine here on Style Generis, but I’ve been so, so obsessed with Hailee Steinfeld lately. She’s just such an amazing inspiration and has an extraordinary sense of style, especially for someone her age. I just love her.

Obsessions aside, her new movie Romeo and Juliet is coming out on Friday, which I’m so, so excited about it. From the trailers to the promotional photos, the movie looks really amazing and heart-wrenching, so I really just can’t wait.

Sketchbook, I am back!

My space is usually a bit messy :) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!


I haven’t been able to properly do some form of art in a very, very long time and it made me feel so empty inside. Thankfully, that strike ended yesterday when I spent my Saturday night sketching whilst watching MasterChef. It was just the best time EVER. Maybe someday, I’ll share the sketches with you, just maybe.

TV has been, so, SO good to me lately.



I just realised that I talk about TV a lot of my blog, but I can’t help it, I just love watching TV. Funny thing is, I don’t even watch it on TV, haha.

This week, I discovered two fantastic new shows that I really can’t believe I haven’t watched before: MasterChef and MasterChef Junior. I just can’t even begin to describe the kind of joy it brings me, but I’ll give it my best shot. I’m a sucker for cooking shows and cooking competitions, so I was bound to fall in love with MasterChef. If you haven’t seen either of those shows, you really should, especially MasterChef Junior. What these kids are able to do is really extraordinary. You can check out the full episodes on YouTube!

The Mentalist also returned and I found out that it’s their last season. If you’ve seen this show, then you’d know about the Red John plot that has been intertwined with the murder cases for the past five years that this show has been airing. Because it’s such a captivating plot (and the end of the premiere left me hanging on the edge of my seat, pretty much dying), I’m actually so glad that it’s their last season because we’ll finally find out who the bastard is.

What movie are you excited to see? Or have you seen any lately that you think I should check out? Has TV been good to you lately? Let me know in a comment down below!


Thank you so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment