Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sunday Funday: The Storm Before the Storm

I Luv Fashion | via Tumblr


Hi there and happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadians reading! I know that it's technically on Monday, but no one really thinks of Monday as Thanksgiving, right?

It's been a short week (I have a four-day weekend), but a pretty hectic one. Lots of things happened and like any other Sunday Funday, I'm going to tell you what they are. If you're interested what's going on in my life at all.


I'm obsessed with pumpkins.

1wantchange



I don't really know where this little obsession came from, but I've been so obsessed with pumpkins lately. I think it started with the lattes from Starbucks and gradually grew into pumpkin pie, pumpkin oatmeal, and pumpkin macaroons. I mean, it's just so delicious, what's not to love about them?

It's Thanksgiving!!!

Facebook


My family has never really celebrated Thanksgiving, to be quite honest with you. I don't think it's that abnormal to me because it's not a part of our culture, but this year, I was determined to bring a bit of that Canadian flair to my four-day weekend. Baking my first ever pumpkin pie and making pumpkin spice lattes for breakfast (not that Thanksgiving-y, but whatever) are definitely high on my list.

School's the best.

Flowers | via Tumblr


I didn't think that I'd enjoy school as much as I do, but I'm loving school so, so much. I know that a lot of people don't like high school that much, including a few of my friends, but I'm enjoying it so much, it's crazy. I've joined so many clubs and I've broken out of my shell and I honestly just feel so great. I had mixed feelings about starting high school, especially which high school to pick, but I think I picked the right one and I couldn't be happier. Let's see if I'm still saying that by the end of the year.

I can finally say, "I'm headed to the gym."

MAJA SÖDERBERG


Ever since around the time I started my blog back in March, I wanted to get healthy. I wasn't happy with the way I was living my life in such an unfit way that I decided that it was time to do something about it. It started with adding exercise into my routine, but that never really stuck.

Last week, my mom signed us up for memberships at GoodLife and we went to three classes this week, which I'm so proud of us for doing. I just thought I'd put it out there so I'll be less tempted to slack off. I really hope I don't and I don't think I will because they are such amazing classes. I tried the yoga/tai chi/pilates class which was the most relaxing hour I've had in a really long time. I also tried the spinning class which practically killed my legs, but I loved it. And last, but not least, I tried the Zumba dance cardio class and it was the longest and most awesome dance party EVER.

How are you spending your weekend? Any cooking going on? Leave me a comment down below, and once again, happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope that y'all are spending some good quality time with your family.


Thank you so much for reading!
- J

4 comments:

  1. Wow. You're so lucky to live in Canada, where REAL autumn, Halloween and Thanksgiving really exist! And by real, I mean being full of crunchy fallen leaves, pumpkins and having chilly weather(I know, not all of you living there love that, but hey, autumn here is freaking 28 degrees Celsius!). Thanks god we have pumpkins here at least.
    I'm glad to say I also enjoyed my new school so far, it's not as terrible as I imagined.
    I've been to a gym before! Uh, sort of. They only do yoga there, and I went there because my mom claimed it was wonderful. I have to say, doing yoga feels great, the problem is, I was the only person younger than 40 years old ( FYI, I'm 15), which was super awkward; plus the teacher kept judging me by my weight so I quit finally. It wasn't a great experience, but I want to hear more about yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do feel fortunate to be living in Canada, especially around the fall time. The only time when it's not so great is when it's like 40 degrees Celsius outside.

      I'm really glad you're enjoying your new school! A bunch of my friends aren't all that happy at their high schools, but I'm glad you're not one of them. Everyone deserves to be happy wherever they are.

      I think I'm probably one of the youngest at my gym, too! In the classes I take, anyway. It was kind of awkward at first, but I developed this I-don't-give-a-crap-what-that-middle-aged-lady-behind-me-is-thinking-of-me kind of attitude. I'll definitely fill you in on what's going on every once in a while. :)

      - Juliana

      Delete
  2. Oh, and I forgot to ask, why is your title called "The Storm Before the Storm"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "The Storm Before the Storm" was just a kind of lame play on the phrase "the calm before the storm." It just meant that things are pretty hectic right now, but it's only the beginning and I know it's going to get even crazier. I hope that cleared everything up! :)

      - Juliana

      Delete