Thursday, November 7, 2013

8 Time-Saving Basics to Stock Up On

1123951581cd9cc1e2l | Flickr - Photo Sharing!


Hi there! I briefly mentioned in a Sunday Funday one time that I recently (a month or two ago?) got my first ever white t-shirt. I thought it was kind of crazy that I didn't own one before, but after thinking about it for a while, I actually don't know many people who own one.

Basics such as white or black t-shirts, a staple pair of skinny jeans, etc. are all items that you can easily build an outfit around and things that everyone should have in their wardrobes, but many overlook. I was definitely one of those people for many, many years, which is why today, I'm going to be sharing with you a few items I think everyone should own. Now, I'm not telling you to go out and spend half a year's earnings on all of these items, but maybe there will be some things that you think you could really benefit from.



1. white/black t-shirt

tumblr_m2099trP0H1qzoq6do1_400.jpg 292×438 pixels


You just can't go wrong with such a simple item like this. It's something that you can easily dress up with a skirt, blazer, tights, and heels, or something that can be just as easily dressed down with skinny jeans and boots. Be sure to pick one in a fabric that isn't too thin and invest in a good t-shirt bra so you don't get those icky lines popping through.

2. skinny jeans

sunday snaps | Mariannan


If you're trying to be like Elle Fanning and not wear skinnies, that's cool with me, but I personally think that they're an essential. You can pretty much wear anything with them and whenever I don't know what to wear, I'll just pop on a loose-fitting tee with jeans and I'm out the door.

3. thick, cozy sweater that is NOT see-through

z4ny


I own way too many things that need to be worn with a cami and sometimes, enough is enough - I just have to go camiless. Having a thick sweater that has holes that aren't too big that they border on the line of looking... unprofessional, is really nice especially in this season when it's just cold.

4. casual dress



It's easier than getting bottoms and a top, plus, the majority of the time, you'll look more polished and put-together. I'm a huge fan of dresses because they're just so easy to wear and it's hard to mess up. To keep warm this winter, pop on some tights and boots and you're good to go.

5. comfortable boots/slip-on shoes that go with everything

Welcome to my fashion world


I have a ridiculous fall shoe collection that mostly consists of boots. It's crazy. I would say that I don't need them all, but that would be a lie. Oh dear, that made me sound like a spoiled brat. Anyway, owning a pair of shoes or boots that you can very easily slip on and off is really great for those days when you've hit the snooze button way too many times.

6. beanies

Untitled


Ever since I saw Cara Delevingne wearing them, I just couldn't get enough. Even though I only own about a handful or beanies/tuques, they're really great for bad hair days. Now that I'm in high school and for the majority of my classes, it's okay to wear hats, beanies are just perfect.

7. statement necklace/patterned scarf

Miss Zeit


This may not be a typical basic, but I guess you could still call it a staple in anyone's closet. When your outfit's looking boring a bland, a little bling or a funky scarf will surely brighten it up in a jiffy! Haha, I love that word. Jiffy.

8. oversize knit cardigan

NataliaOona: what has been going on


Because it's absolutely freezing where I am (and will get even colder in the upcoming days), I'm always looking for ways to keep myself warm. When I'm in a hurry, I always reach for a knit cardigan that I can just easily throw on without having to think about it very much. Make sure that it's comfortable and not itchy because that would just suck.

Which time-saving clothing idea was your favourite? Do you have any other suggestions? Leave your comments below!


Thanks for reading!
- J


No comments:

Post a Comment