Monday, November 11, 2013

My First Vintage Clothing Show


Hi there! First off, I'd just like to take this moment to remember all the brave men and women who served for our country, or whichever country you may live in even though it is a day typically reserved for Canada and a few other European countries. Many, too many, gave their lives so we could have the freedom and peace that we do today. So thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you because we certainly don't appreciate them enough.

After that, my vintage shopping experience seems bit shallow, but whatever. I'm a fashion blogger, that's what I do. If you're not cool with that, then, don't keep reading. But if you are, please do.

Yesterday, I went to my first ever vintage clothing show. There was a little vintage boutique close to my middle school, but I could never afford anything there. I've always been fascinated by that vintage world, so I was so ridiculously excited when I found out that my boring little town, city, whatever was going to host Canada's biggest vintage clothing show.

I went with my mom yesterday and had a blast. As I was walking towards the show, I saw a bunch of people and all I had to do was simply look at what they were wearing and I knew immediately that they were going to the show. Even though it was my first time going to an event like this, I just felt like we had a connection and we all had the same passion and love for cool, quirky, and unique pieces. Essentially like little hidden treasures. 

I took a bunch of pictures of some really stand out pieces that just made me swoon. I only got two items (one being that awesome pair of pink cowboy boots) and the last item in this reel of photos. Keep reading for a peek at what my experience was like!



These boots are so rad. Too bad they're a few sizes too small. :(


If I ever found a floppy hat like that, I'd totally DIY it and add those awesome polka dots on it.


Aren't these babies beautiful? I think I'm going to call them my mermaid shoes (except I don't actually own them and they're like a size 11).



I think I gasped when I first saw this hat. I was just like, "I. Want. YOU." The lady who was manning the booth has probably done for a long time because she just took one look at me and was like, "It's $300." And I dropped the hat like a hot coal. The little appliques on top are actually like pearl shell carvings. So cool.




This is a necklace that my mom saw when we first walked in. It's such an intricate and cool piece that immediately caught all four of our eyes. It doesn't feel very substantial in my hand, but I love it to pieces and ended up getting it. You'll definitely see this and my pink boots pop up in Style Diaries to come.

Have you ever been shopping for vintage clothes? Ever been to one of these shows? What do you think of vintage? Leave your comments down below!


Thanks for reading!
- J


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. i really appreciate it that you shared with us such a informative post..

    Thanks
    vintage clothing

    ReplyDelete