Saturday, November 23, 2013

Sketchbook: Clothing Catalogue


Hi there! Today, I thought I’d bring back the Sketchbook series, except this time, not on Friday. Every once in a while, you’ll get a peek into my sketchbook. You know, if you fancy it.


I had to do make a clothing catalogue for Spanish class that included at least ten different clothing items. My teacher said that we could just cut out pictures from magazines, but I wanted to design each and every piece. Leave it up to me to overcomplicate a simple assignment…


I named my store "La niña salvage" which translates to "The Wild Child," a female one to exact.


For this first look, I went for an oversized cream cardigan, an embellished eye tee, a cream leather skirt, and black suede thigh-high boots.


For this one, I wet with the same tee in black, a burgundy leather circle skirt, and the same thigh-highs.


I went for a chambray shirt with cut-outs on the shoulders (cold shoulder, anyone?), jeans, and combat boots. 


Her head's a bit out of proportion, but this print is what I like to call "Late Night Tartan" because it was done late at night, hence the very un-tartan nature of it. This dress is just a simple tartan dress with green sleeves, pockets, and leather details. Because I wanted my girls to stop around with confidence, I went for velvet creepers and lace ruffle socks.

I forgot to take a picture of another look, but we can just ignore that. :)

I'm pretty proud with how it turned out. I wish I had a bit more time to make it "perfect," but this is as good as it gets. 

What do you think? Would you like to see a bit more of my sketchbook/sketches? Anything you'd like to see in particular? Leave your comments below!


Thanks for reading!
- J


2 comments:

  1. Your sketches are nice and I'd really like to see more! :) By the way, your Spanish class sounds really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melody! My Spanish class is pretty awesome, I'd say. :D Hopefully, I'll be able to make some time to sit down and draw some more.

      - Juliana

      Delete