Tuesday, February 25, 2014

One of a Kind Finds: February + Makeover!


Hi there! As you could probably tell from the title, there will be a few changes coming to this series. It was more of a wishlist-type post of rather expensive pieces that wasn't exactly reasonable, so I decided to incorporate a bit more of me into the series. If you've seen yesterday's post, you might've noticed that all the items I picked out (or most of them) were on sale and to be honest, that's how I shop. I only have about a handful of things in my closet that I actually got at full price. Maybe you think it's cheap, but I just think it's more fun to shop that way and you never know what hidden treasures you'll find browsing the sales section.

Now, I know that sizes can get limited in the sales section, so I'm doing my best to make sure that the majority of sizes are available for whichever item I picked out. Enough rambling, let's get into this new and improved list!



1. Jeffrey Campbell Voltage Lightning Trainer - $132.00 $66.00

I'm starting off this list with the one splurge item that will be in every one of these posts. These are just like comfortable running shoes, but twenty million times better with holographic design and the wicked lightning bolt on the side. If you want to treat yourself and can justify spending that much on shoes, go for it!

2. ModCloth Moonlit Roses Dress - $49.99 $34.99

Fit and flare dresses are just fantastic, especially ones with a 3/4 length (or a bit shorter like this one) sleeve. This one is in such a beautiful and graphic print that would look amazing in any season.

3. Nasty Gal Regal Living Cropped Sweater - $88.00 $25.00

I'm in love with the gold details on this sweater. It looks like little leaves have been woven into it and it looks so magical and like the name puts it, "regal."

4. BDG French Terry Hoodie - $69.00 $19.99

This might look sloppy or just weird, but I don't know, I'm drawn to it and would love to have the chance to style it. I mean, it's such a simple piece that you just want to add your own spin to it, you know?

5. Forever 21 Scarf Print Dolphin Shorts - $23.80 $14.99

Doesn't this just make you wish summer was around the corner? Well, if you're headed anywhere this Spring Break, maybe look into picking up this up to brighten up the dull winter.

6. Cooperative Strappy Buckle Heels - $59.00 $34.99

I love chunky heels and just shoes in general and anything holographic or shiny, so this was just perfect. It can easily dress up any outfit and they look so comfortable, perfect for when the weather warms up.

7. Topshop Pink Sequin Calf Skirt - $100.00 $27.64

You guys know that I have a soft spot for anything pink, so here is the colour again! I don't know, I feel so much more compelled to buy something if it's pink, it's kind of bad. Though the skirt is really in-your-face and pink, there are really cool ways to dress it down like with a slouchy cream sweater and some combat boots, for example.

Which piece is your favourite? How do you shop? Have you stumbled upon anything really awesome this month? Leave your comments below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J



No comments:

Post a Comment