Friday, February 7, 2014

Style Diary: Cozying Up


Hi there! Can you believe that it's already February? It's crazy. Apparently, the groundhog didn't see its shadow, so us Canadians are supposed to get our spring a bit early this year. (Knock on wood.) But let's be real here, Canadians are going to get another six weeks regardless of a stupid groundhog's shadow or lack thereof. Either way, it's still cold, so that's just no fun.



Sweater: Calvin Klein Jeans (aha, Costco) | Scarf: H&M | Leggings: Garage | Socks: Chinese Laundry | Belt: Dynamite | Watch: Kenneth Cole | Earrings: Forever 21


Yesterday morning, when my phone informed me that it was going to be significantly colder that day, I knew I had to figure out a way to layer up a bit more. Also because my business class is stupidly freezing and after being on our fancy schmancy (actually I hate them) Chromebooks for an hour, my hands and nose are cold to the touch.

I decided to go for this cozy and thankfully low-maintenance tunic sweater and some knit leggings. To stay even warmer, I added polka socks for a little something something, my favourite scarf at the moment that I got from H&M, and a belt to give my waist some much needed definition.


Even though I got this scarf a bit over a month ago (I got it last Boxing Day), I am so, so in love with it. It's a pretty simple scarf and it's clearly ripping off or is heavily influenced by Burberry's signature print, but it's so thick and cozy, something that I really love in winter scarves. Plus, it makes as great decor in my bedroom on the back of my plain black desk chair that I can also use as a decent-sized blanket when the temperature plummets.


Valentine's Day is just around the corner and is exactly one week away, so expect a few more love-themed posts to go up within the next few days. I'm toying with the idea of doing a little gift guide, so let me know if you'd like to see one!



How has your February been so far? Eventful? What do you look for in a scarf? Oh, and what's your ideal comfy outfit because this was surely mine. Leave your comments below!


Thank you so much for reading!

- J

2 comments: