Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Sunday Funday: Tuesday Edition

fashionista / where my heart resides - Part 2
Image via We Heart It
Hi there! I’m sorry that I’ve been MIA for the past few days, but I assure you that I’m not going anywhere. I’ve just been really enjoying my Spring Break and it feels really great to be back blogging again because I’ve missed it so much. Even though it’s only been a few days. Everyone seems to say that we bloggers shouldn’t apologise for not posting, but I just can’t help but feel guilty. Oops.

This week is a really exciting one, and not just because of Spring Break. Sunday is going to be a very special day for me because it’s this baby’s one year anniversary! I still can’t believe that it’s almost here and it just makes me so giddy and excited, you wouldn’t even believe.

I guess I should probably be telling you what I’ve been up to the past few days that I’ve been out and it is a Sunday Funday after all, even though it’s no longer Sunday… It just feels wrong to miss out on one. Anyway, my excitement might be deceiving because to any other person, my week probably wasn’t that exciting, but I’d like to share anyway.

It has finally really hit me that I’m in high school now and am having the time of my life. Even though I miss my old friends like crazy, I’m so freaking happy where I am right now. Like, I feel like I’ve been on Cloud Nine for the past week and have been very, very excited the whole time.

It all started last Sunday on the first when I decided to read a story that my friend has been trying to get me to read for a while now. It’s called Saving Elliot and is this freaking hilarious story based in Manchester about this girl called Elliot Jensen and an American boy named Elliot Fintry who has to move in with her family as kind of a foster care program. Obviously, they fight a lot and are always arguing and swearing at each other (it’s really endearing, I promise), and just as obviously, there is a bit of romance thrown in there.

Because I had both English and French in one semester, I didn’t really want to or had enough time to read any other books in an effort not to distract myself from the school reading material. Now that that’s over, I’ve been reading a lot more and staying up really late reading. Which is bad considering that I promised myself I’d catch up on my sleep schedule this March Break. Since Sunday, I’ve read a handful of other stories on Wattpad including A Proscriptive Relationship (my favourite), A Surreptitious Relationship, Finding Love in a Coffee Shop, Gold Rush, Believe Me, I’m Lying, and Bad Boy, Cupid, and Me. I also just started The Heartbreakers and it's absolutely adorable. As you can probably tell, I’ve been pretty busy. Oops.

Anyway, my point is that if you’re someone who loves a good, fun read that will stick with you for a while, do check those books out. You won’t regret it. Oh, wait, you might when you’re up into the wee hours in the morning with your eyes glued to a screen.

Reading has really made me so happy lately. It’s made me realise what a wonderful life I have and how grateful I should be. Sorry to turn all sappy on you guys, but it’s so important to think positive and be happy, you know? Oi, I don’t know if any of that made any sense, haha.

Hmm… so onto something a bit more Sunday Funday-esque. I’ve been listening to a lot of music lately as well and have fallen in love with Ed Sheeran’s + album. It’s so good, man. My favourite songs have to be Drunk, U.N.I., This City, You Need Me, I Don’t Need You, and Little Bird, a song that never fails to brighten my mood. It was incredibly hard to narrow those down, let me tell you. His voice is just so soothing and perfect. I think I’ve listened to the full album at least 10 times already, haha.

Art class has also been really interesting. We’ve just been drawing lately, but it’s such a fun time because we’re really just goofing off the whole time. While staying on task, of course because sweet, little me wouldn’t dare wander off-task, haha. Business is really cool as well because as suspected, we’re building our own fake business and I’ve opted to start my own line, so that’ll definitely be interesting. I’m thinking about actually making some of the products, so we’ll see how that goes.

I do realise that this has been a bit of a ramble, but it just feels really good to talk to you guys again. Or write, I should say. I’ve also been in a ridiculously happy mood lately, so hopefully my excitement is contagious.



Thank you so much for reading!
- J


2 comments:

  1. I can definitely feel your excitement! Oh, man, I'm SO a sucker of Wattpad. Saying I'm spending too much time on it is an understatement...but hey, that many authors being awesome isn't my fault, haha.
    I'm reading Saving Elliot right now, and so far so good. If you like funny love stories, I recommend "The Quirky Tale of April Hale"(also on Wattpad). It's really hilarious (and in my opinion funnier that Saving Elliot at some points) and fun to read!
    Oh, and hope you have a great Spring Break. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it shows, haha. I've been spending so much time on Wattpad lately, it's kind of a problem. However, I'm slowly starting to control myself (thank God), so that's good. I'll definitely check out "The Quirky Tale of April Hale" and will let you (and the rest of my readers know) what I think after I'm done.

      I hope that you're having/you've had/you will have a great Spring Break, too! - J

      Delete