Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Haul: Local Vintage Show


Hi there! First off, I'd just like to say a huge, HUGE thank you to guys for getting me to 40 followers both here and on my Bloglovin. It feels like such a huge milestone to me, so thank you so much!

As aforementioned, I headed to the local vintage show last weekend which was such a brilliant experience. The atmosphere was just as contagious as last time, but this time, I felt more confident walking in because it wasn’t my first time. I also happened to head in just as it opened, which made the trip just that much more awesome.

Last time, I went with my mom, so I took my good fashion-loving friend with me this time. We’ve been buzzing with excitement all week and when the Sunday came around, we couldn’t have been more excited. I’ve probably never been this excited about going shopping, to be honest.

I didn’t get any photos really this time of stuff I didn’t get, but I don’t feel so bad since I got quite a few things to show you. Let’s just say I bought more than a necklace and a pair of cowboy boots this time. Keep reading to check out what I got!



The first thing I got was this gorgeous and super soft yellow beaded cardigan with pearl beads down the front. It wasn’t the cheapest thing, but I felt like I couldn’t just leave it there, for crying out loud. The guy at the booth even told me that it was such a special piece (translation: he saw how I was drooling and just made up my mind for me). So I got it.


I also ended up getting a huge knit sweater that is no longer good for this weather, but it’ll be safely tucked in the back of my closet (or in a box somewhere) until the time comes around again.


The next thing I got was this delicate, but still a bit edgy flower bracelet. The petals are like little mirrors, similar to a pair of earrings I nearly got at Topshop in Vietnam but my mom wouldn’t let me.



After that, I got a pair of dark blue sunglasses with the most amazing details on the end pieces and the temples (here’s a diagram of sunglasses if you’ve got no clue what I’m talking about). Most sunglasses have just straight ones with nothing that fancy, but I fell in love with this pair because they look like your average pair of sunglasses in the front, but when I turn my head slightly to the side, you’ll get a look at that awesomeness.



The last things I picked up were both bags. One of these are meant to be for a friend and I’m pretty sure it’s safe to show here because she doesn’t check my blog, but just in case she is, if your name starts with an “A” (you know who you are), stop reading this asap. Thanks. :)

Anyway, I got this amazing leather bag for her because I know how much she loves vintage things (and hopefully she still does, haha). I’m starting to fall in love with it myself, but I’m trying not to and muster up the courage to actually give it to her, haha. (This is going to be hard.)




I also got one similar for myself in a lighter colour and I’m so helplessly in love with it. It sounds so crazy because it’s just a bag for crying out loud, but when I saw it, I just knew I had to have it despite its price tag. Even a lady who was walking by noticed my little dilemma and told me I should just get it because I’ll regret it if I didn’t. She was so right.

So I got and even managed to bump the price down just a bit.

That pretty much concludes the recap of my amazing shopping trip. I spent way too much money (I don't even want to think about it), but I figured it was worth it. I mean, it was vintage and one of a kind. We went out for Starbucks and lunch later at a little-ish café nearby. So all in all, it was a pretty successful day. Well, aside from me getting lost again on my way home via bus. Oops.

Have you ever been vintage shopping? If so, how was your experience like? If not, would you like to? Which out of the pieces I got was your favourite? Leave your comments and share your stories below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


No comments:

Post a Comment