Wednesday, April 2, 2014

What to Where: Coachella Outfit Ideas

dreamurder ▲
Image via We Heart It
Hi there! Coachella's coming up pretty soon, so I thought I'd share with you some ideas on what I would wear if I were lucky enough to go (I'm not) or any other music festival. If you want to read what I wrote last year, you can check that out here. So let's get into it!


This maxi dress is pretty rad, just saying. For this outfit, I decided to wear it as really long cardigan, so I'd leave it unbuttoned and add a pair of denim cutoffs with a simple graphic tee loosely tucked in. To add a bit of cheekiness to the look, I added a houndstooth headband, some big sunglasses, and a bright yellow crossbody to keep all the necessities in. To finish it off, I added a beaded bracelet and some chunky platforms for height so the maxi dress-cardigan doesn't overwhelm the figure.

1. Pins and Needles Button Up Maxi Dress
2. Etsy Small Chevron Crossbody
3. H&M Graphic Tee
4. Wasteland Twisted Houndstooth Headband
5. Quay Kensie Sunglasses
6. American Eagle Beaded Woven Bracelet
7. Wasteland Polka Dot Shorts
8. Ecote Earth-Shaker Platforms



Overalls are always a really cool option for hot days and events like music festivals. For this floral one, I layered a white crochet top underneath to cover up some more (crop tops could work as well), and some printed wedges to add a bit of brightness. As for accessories, I added a dainty flower headband, some colourful earrings and an edgy chain necklace to balance out the femininity of the outfit.

1. ModCloth Daisy Crown Headband
2. Baublebar Vermeer Pearl Pendant
3. Forever 21 Tropical D'Orsay Wedges
4. Topshop Purple Dungarees
5. H&M Cream Lace Top
6. ModCloth Unique Eats Earrings

This outfit is probably my favourite out off them all. I picked an easy loose-fitting printed dress that acts as a standout piece on its own. Just don't forget to wear shorts (the best are biker shorts) underneath just in case the wind picks up. To add a little something to the ensemble, I went for a yellow necklace to bring out the yellow in the dress, a delicate hand chain, bracelet, and headpiece to soften the look. To finish it off, I added a crossbody and white gladiator boots that I need in my closet asap.

1. Urban Outfitters Goddess Leaves Hair Crown
2. ASOS T-Shirt Dress
3. Classics 77 Hand Chain
4. Zara Metallic Necklace
5. ASOS Rose Friendship Bracelet
6. Forever 21 Mod Polka Dot Crossbody
7. New Look Cut Out Gladiator Boots

Which outfit was your favourite? Have you ever been to a music festival? Planning on it anytime soon? Leave your comments below!



Thank you so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment