Wednesday, May 14, 2014

3 Ways to Wear: Kimonos

Image Credit: Brandy Melville
Hi there! So a while back, I wrote all about my love for kimonos and I haven't fallen out of love for those lovely pieces yet, so here's the follow-up styling post that's long overdue. I've picked out three kimonos that are all pretty different from each other, so hopefully you'll be able to find something that suits your taste. So let's get into it!


For this first outfit, I went for a black floral kimono from H&M without any fringe or anything like that just to keep the outfit simple. Fringe, however, was reserved for this awesome pair of black faux leather fringe shorts from Threadsence that I found which look absolutely amazing. It's such a unique piece that would make a lovely addition to anyone's closet. To balance out the two dark and edgy pieces, I went for a delicate cream lace sleeveless crop top from Topshop. To brighten it up, I went for some layered necklaces from ASOS and bright friendship bracelets from Topshop. For shoes, I just picked out a simple pair of lace ankle booties from Forever 21 to finish it all off.



For this one, I picked out a longer and brighter floral kimono from Forever 21. To go with that, I layered a sweet blue and white floral strapless dress from ModCloth underneath to mix some patterns and make the ensemble a bit edgier. To go even further with that, I added some pink suede Creepers from Nasty Gal and some ruffled ankle socks from Free People that I fell in love with the moment I saw them. They're just the perfect balance of sweet and rugged. To finish it off, I picked out a statement necklace from Lord & Taylor and a colourful beaded clutch from Ecote.


For this last outfit, I picked out a pretty dusty neutral kimono from Ecote and added to the bohemian feel with some tiered floral shorts from Wasteland. To avoid too much pattern, I went for a simple white crop top from H&M and a gorgeous bib statement necklace from Baublebar to brighten up the outfit. As a finishing touch, I added some espadrilles with a cute anchor pattern from Sperry Topsiders.

Which of these three outfits was your favourite? Do you own a kimono? Are you a fan of them? Leave your comments below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J

No comments:

Post a Comment