Friday, May 2, 2014

Style Diary: Leadership Camp!


Hi there! It’s been raining for a good chunk of this week where I am, but it finally let me, so I managed to get some decent shots, thank goodness. Unfortunately, this was for a school project and I am literally writing this minutes before I have to leave my house for a camp this weekend, so I'll post more of this outfit once I get the chance! Sorry in advance, guys.

This weekend, I’m headed to this thing called Leadership Camp at my school. It’s like an overnight camp where you basically just do fun activities and bond, as I’ve been told, with other students. You’re not supposed to actually learn about being a leader and all that as I’ve inferred from others’ descriptions of the weekend, so I really don’t even know why they call it that, to be honest. I guess I'll see. 


Shirt: DIY | Pants: Vietnam | Cap: Garage | Shoes: Converse | Earrings: Boutique

This is what I’ve decided to wear on my first camp day (I don’t know what else to call it, haha). I drew this lovely little phrase on this t-shirt after seeing it float around the internet. I just think it’s really genius and awesome and whenever someone reads it in real life and understands it, I’m just like, “I like you.” Makes me feel like a proud little fashion lover.

I paired it with my favourite pair of navy and white flowy pants and my trusty Converse to add some playfulness to the look. To finish it off, I added a cap to balance everything out. I’m most likely not going to wear a hat to the actual place because I think it’d be kind of inconvenient and I don’t know what kind of activities we’ll be doing, so I’m trying to keep things comfortable. I just really liked how it looked with everything, so I’m sharing that with you. :)

I’m really liking how comfortable and laid-back this outfit is. There’s no need to fuss or anything like that because it’s so low-key and when I'm running around all weekend, I don't have to worry about what I'm wearing, you know?

Weather-wise, things have been getting a lot better for us Canadians who'd thought spring decided never to come. It's warm and I can wear skirts and dresses without tights, which is really awesome for me because I love, love, love them. Of course, I'm still wearing knee-high/over-the-knee socks to keep some warmth, but it's a victory nonetheless.

I'm getting really excited and pumped for this weekend and I can't wait to tell you guys more about it when I get back. 

Have you ever been to something like this at your school? How'd you like it? What did you wear whilst you were there? Share your stories below!



Thank you so much for reading!
- J

4 comments:

  1. I love your pants. I usually don't like more baggy pants, but yours look gorgeous! ;) Have fun at leadership camp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm glad these pants made you change your mind. ;) Thank you!!! I had such an awesome time! - J

      Delete
  2. I went ot one those camps and it was an amazing experience. At least for me almost everyone wore sweats/other comfy clothes the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you had such a lovely time. :) I found that most people were in sweats and leggings with hoodies and basic graphic tees, so it was pretty laid back. I just don't own an decent sweatpants because I'm just not that big of a fan, so I didn't pack any with me. :/ - J

      Delete