Sunday, May 18, 2014

Sunday Funday: May 18/14

Alívio Imediato | via Tumblr
Image via We Heart It
Hi there! So this is going up a teensy bit late, but my excuse is that I’ve been a bit busy frolicking around Toronto yesterday, so I couldn’t squeeze in the time to write this. I have a lot to tell you about for this one, so you have been warned. I repeat, you have been warned.

Let’s start at the beginning of the week, shall we? In all honesty, not that many exciting things happened earlier on, but school has been going really well for me. All of my classes this semester are all pretty relaxed and I don’t have a ton of stress school-wise on me anymore. Sure, school added with all of my other extracurriculars can get a bit overwhelming, but once I make myself get my crap together, everything works out pretty well. Everything is just going really, really well right now and I couldn’t be happier. Well, I could and I hopefully will be happier, but let’s just stick with how I’m just very happy right now.

I started working out a lot this week. After my first round of exams at the end of January, I found it so hard to squeeze in time to work out and do something good for body, you know? Even though I’ve been consistently working out maybe three times a week doing pretty low-intensity things (nothing that got my heart rate high enough), so I found that I was getting out of shape.

I’ve been telling you about my personal trainer for a few weeks and she’s just been amazing. She’s about my height, we’re both petite, and she knows exactly how to get me where I want, so it’s just been a really good experience so far. This week, I’ve been using more of the resistance/strength machines at GoodLife and it feels amazing. Sure, it’s a bit awkward with those really ripped guys all around you doing the machines as well, but I found that if I just shove some earbuds in and blast some music, it helps a lot.

I’ve noticed that after doing something active pretty much everyday of this week, I’ve felt so much more awake throughout the day and overall, I’m just happier. Happier than usual, at least, which might not be saying a lot because I’m generally a pretty cheerful person, but I can feel the shift in my energy. I haven’t been able to correct my sleeping schedule yet, but I didn’t feel its effects like I did earlier this month when I wasn’t working out so much and it just feels really good. You know that feeling of just being sore all over the next day and being all proud? Well, I felt that way quite a bit this week. Probably a sign that I should stretch a bit more, but whatever. I’m going to be proud because I managed to spend three hours at the gym on Wednesday and it felt pretty darn good.

Before I get to the really exciting part of my week, let’s talk music. Oh goodness, Ed Sheeran. I’ve talked about how much I love him in previous posts, but I don’t think I can really express how much I love him. I’m not going to lie and say I haven’t watched his hour and a half set in Dublin for his new album more times than I should’ve because I did. He works a crowd amazingly well and I can only hope that one day, I’ll be able to go to one of his shows because clearly it’ll be a pretty freaking exhilarating experience. If you guys want to check out him live (he’s really good, by the way), you should watch/listen (I do more of the latter) to his iTunes Fest 2012 performance and the recent one in Dublin.

So… I should talk about Friday. Yeah, I think that’d be a good idea. The original plan was that I was going to go see a play put on by the grade eight students at my old middle school, but it turns out that we were given incorrect details and the play was actually on the Thursday and we didn’t actually get to see it. I know, fail, right? But like they say, everything happens for a reason and that’s very true because the seven, eight of us just sat on the steps and talked for like two hours and caught up. I’ve become someone who gets really excited to see old people, like old friends, again, especially the friends I’ve made the two years I spent in middle school. They’re all such lovely people and it’s no wonder I bawled my eyes out on our last day. Thank goodness my eyes don’t get too puffy or red.

But yeah, in those two hours, we made quite a few new memories and I have another stack of photos to show for it. Contrary to what my outfit photos might portray about my “selfie personality,” I am so not a selfie person. I personally just can’t get out my phone and snap photos of myself with or without my friends in the shot with me. I just feel way too weird doing that. I’m not trying to say that you shouldn’t take selfies or whatever, I just can’t do it. But lately, I’ve been thinking about transforming one of the walls in my room into a photo wall because I love going through memories and am terrified of forgetting important things like that. I will definitely show you how it goes if I end up doing so.

About halfway through the week, my parents decided that we should head to Toronto for a little overnight trip. Pretty spontaneous if you ask me, but there’s a Topshop and a multitude of vintage shops there, so I couldn’t really say no even though I had a bit of homework to do and planned to spend my mornings at the gym. After all, it was going to be a long weekend, so I better enjoy myself.

So early Saturday morning after having my usual oatmeal breakfast, we drove for hours to Toronto. I’m not going to dwell too much on what I did because I took a bunch of photos and some videos that I really want to edit so I can show you guys in a separate post. I figured it’d be way too much to try to stuff in a Sunday Funday considering how this is already over a thousand words long. I know that some people can’t stand long posts, but if I like the blogger enough, I absolutely love reading like a huge post from them because it makes me feel like I can get to know them a bit better, you know? So I hope you guys don’t mind.

Anyway, we’re staying at a hotel that’s a five minute walk from the Eaton Centre which is the biggest shopping mall in Toronto. Honestly, I was so excited when first found out, but honestly, that place is so darn confusing, man. It’s connected to a million different things and stores are all over the place and there are hallways that lead you to subway stops and I just couldn’t. And they certainly do not have enough maps around and most certainly not in the right places.

Unfortunately, the first thing we did was not go shopping, but it was to check out the Ripley’s Aquarium right beside the CN Tower. Actually, that’s a lie, we ate at Pho Xe Lua (you should check out that restaurant if you’re ever in Toronto’s Chinatown) and then, we went to check out the aquarium.

I’m someone who feels bad for people and animals really easily, so I was a bit uneasy gawking at all these amazing sea creatures while they’re locked up, but it was really just so incredible. I had no idea that they could be so interesting, for lack of a better word. I’ll definitely be doing a Toronto post, so you will see a lot of photos from the aquarium. Trust me.

After that, we went back to the hotel and then went shopping. Or at least attempted to. After wandering around the Eaton Centre as if we had signs above our heads that said “Tourists here. We’re incapable of navigating this place,” we managed to make it to the Bay a couple blocks away (but the Eaton Centre itself is a couple blocks long) and after walking around in there for a while, we found the one and only (and completely magnificent) TOPSHOP. I was just like a little kid in a candy store. Unfortunately, there wasn’t exactly a sale or anything like that, so everything was really expensive, but I managed to get away with a few items. I got a really cute pair of robot earrings, some midi rings, and pair of reflective sunglasses, something I’ve been looking for for ages. So overall, it was pretty successful. Photos coming up in the Toronto post, guys.

Today, I woke up extra early just to get a few hours to myself before we start to head back home. I honestly can’t believe I ended up writing so much, but I hope that you enjoyed this. I’m not exactly sure what we’re going to do today, but I’m sure I’ll have a great time.


My stomach’s starting to grumble now, so I’m going to wrap this up. Alright, well, I hope that you’re all having a lovely weekend and tell me what you’ve been up to! How’s school going for you? What about your workout regimen? Any out-of-town plans? Leave your comments down below because I’d love to read about what you’ve been up to.


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


No comments:

Post a Comment