Sunday, June 1, 2014

Sunday Funday: June 1/14

Image via We Heart It
Hi there! Oh my goodness, guys. It’s June. The sixth month of the year. How in the world did nearly half the year already go by? I still haven’t quite wrapped my mind around it and honestly, it’s making me a bit panicked to think of all the things that I still have left to do within those six months that will feel like five because December goes by in a heartbeat of stress and holiday shopping.

I’ve had such a lovely week, especially at the gym. I’ve been super busy and haven’t gotten very much sleep because of it, but I’m still really happy. I’ve spent about five days at the gym this week, so basically every week day and I just feel so much more refreshed. Before, whenever I got less than seven or eight hours of sleep, I felt really bleh for the rest of the day. It’s not that I was always tired, but my energy levels weren’t very high, which meant that my mood could only be so, err, bright? Whatever, I think you catch my drift.

Anyway, so now that I’ve been active a lot throughout the week, I feel so much better and energised and I feel like I can tackle anything. That coupled with my healthier eating habits have made me a very happy girl. My next step now is to try to find a way to squeeze in a morning run right before school. I’ve been waking up early for the past few weeks just to get it in, but I always find myself chickening out at the thought of having to run all over my house in a hurry trying to get ready on time for school while being a bit sweaty. Scary.

Speaking of eating habits, as a project in science, we have to be vegetarians for three days and not any processed foods. It sounds like a project’s that pretty out there and weird, but it’s actually such an awesome project, in my opinion. The amount of meat that we as humans consume is crazy and awful for the environment, so I think it’s really cool how she’s making us do this to learn about the effects of our eating habits.

I’m already done the three days, but I think that I’ll have a Meatless Monday or try to incorporate something like that into my diet because I think it’s really important. Plus, my parents aren’t too fond of the idea of being vegetarians (it’s not that they have anything against vegetarians, but they just think I should have my meat at least while I’m still growing), so this fabulous project gave me a pretty nice excuse.

I’ve been listening to a crazy amount of music this week. I’ve rediscovered 8tracks after only dabbling into the site for a few days before and I’m so in love with the site. Holy moly the music and the mixes that people make are crazy good. It’s basically an online site full of mixtapes, essentially except on the internet. My favourite mixes at the moment are from this lovely lady under the name xxmackenziexx, specifically indie anthems and indie music > you. I’m so obsessed and couldn’t be happier that they actually have an app for the BlackBerry as well. Whenever I’m listening to any of the songs, I honestly just get so happy, it’s kind of silly.

Do you guys remember how obsessed I was with Castle a couple of months ago? Well, I’m still pretty in love with the show, but with the introduction of the wonderful world of Wattpad in my life, I’ve gotten a bit sidetracked, to say the least. I’m pretty stoked to catch up on the five or so episodes I’ve missed the past few weeks later today. Just me, possibly my brother or my mom (but not my dad because he’s all caught up – yes, every single person in my family watches Castle), the couch, and four hours of TV. Of course, this is all after spending an hour or two at the gym so I won’t feel so guilty.

How has your week been so far? What’s your workout routine? Have you ever heard of 8tracks? If so, do you have any mixes to suggest? Leave your comments below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


No comments:

Post a Comment