Friday, August 1, 2014

August's Big Five & Exciting New Posting Schedule

girl on swing in the summer
Image Credit: Seth Rader via PhotoPin CC
Hi there! You have no idea how excited I am that it’s finally August which is my birthday month. I wouldn’t go so far as to say that it’s my favourite month of the year because I love September and December way too much, but it’s definitely one of my favourites.

Before I jump into the “Big Five” part of today’s post, I should probably address the new posting schedule which is probably spiking your curiosity just a bit more. Basically, before I got really, really overwhelmed with everything that I had on my plate, I used to attempt to post everyday. Of course, there’d be days when I messed up, but I tended to post nearly everyday. Then, I decided that it just wasn’t working, so I switched to four times a week for a couple months.

This may be completely reckless of me, but I’m going to do it anyway and try my hardest to post every single day for you again. I loved posting everyday and it made me really proud and happy to get to do that, so I’m trying to bring it back again. I stayed up really late two nights ago just extensively planning my schedule out to make sure that I had plenty of ideas before jumping into this and I’m really excited to share it all with you.

I’m really, really hoping that I’ll be able to keep this up and that it’s going to work better this time. I think that with a full month to test-run this before school starts again, I’ll be able to pre-write a bunch of posts so I won’t go crazy when September rolls around.

Anyway, enough of that. Let’s get into what to get excited for this August!

1. Start of the Back-to-School series on the 6th

fjallraven kanken backpacks back to school
Image Credit: Cuttlefish via PhotoPin CC
It feels as if any blogger or vlogger who is still in school gets really excited about their back-to-school series and I’m certainly no exception. I have a couple of posts planned for you ranging from first day outfit ideas to advice, but if you have any other requests, please let me know! Comment, tweet me, ask.fm… just let me know, please.

2. Movies, movies, movies all throughout the month
There are plenty of amazing-looking movies coming out this month, definitely more than my wallet can probably handle. There’s “The Hundred-Foot Journey” about gastronomy and Indian cuisine (and I really love cooking, so this was certainly appealing), “The Giver” which is based off of the famous book that I still have yet to read, and “If I Stay” which is also based off of the book with the same name by Gayle Foreman.

The one I’m most excited for is definitely “If I Stay,” coming out on the 22nd. It’s about this girl named Mia who wants to go to Juilliard and is just a cello genius, and her boyfriend named Adam is a big rockstar in their town. She feels as if she doesn’t know who she is compared to him and just feels a lost for what to do when it comes time for college and all that. One day, her whole family – her mom, dad, and younger brother Teddy – go out for a drive and got into a nasty crash. Her parents die at the scene and she’s lucky enough to only be in a coma. That’s when she gets an out of body experience. The movie is basically flashing back and forth between the people visiting her in the hospital and the memories from the past triggered by those people, all contributing to her decision to stay and continue living without her support system, or let herself slip away.

I read the book a while ago. I think I was in fifth grade when I read it and I remember liking it. It wasn’t something spectacular, but definitely an intriguing concept and an even better book if you don’t look too far into it.

The trailer looks great (check it out below), so I’m really excited to go see it at the end of the summer.

3. Teen Choice Awards on the 10th

teen choice awards 2014 tcas
Image Credit: E! Online
Ever since I was young, I’ve been a massive fan of the Teen Choice Awards because it was where all my favourite celebrities gathered, sang some songs, and got awards for their works that I enjoyed. I’ve always remembered it as a really fun show that I enjoyed watching my family/brother, and since I missed it last year because I was in Vietnam, I’m really hoping that I’ll be able to see it this year.

Besides, the blue carpet is always a plus.

There’s also the MMVA’s coming up on the 24th which is really exciting if you’re more into music and less into the whole teen pop culture thing.

4. New Taylor Swift album details???

taylor swift
Image Credit: JAZills via PhotoPin CC
I’m a huge Swiftie, there’s no question about that and she usually gives us some information about her new album in August. For the last album in 2012, she had a live chat on my birthday unveiling her album cover, name, and debut single, so if she’s following the same trend as the past two albums, she’ll probably give us something this month.

And I’m really, really excited about it.

5. Back-to-School {Supply} Shopping all month-long

pencils back to school bts
Image Credit: Riekhavoc via PhotoPin CC
Back-to-school is one of my favourite times of the year and going supply shopping has been one of my favourite things to do for as long as I can remember. There’s something about getting new school supplies that gets me really excited to start the new school year. I’m not planning on getting a whole slew of new stuff this year because I just don’t need it, I can just reuse most of my things, but there are some items like agendas and pens and notebooks that I really do need to go out and get.

I’ll be posting a mini haul of what I get when the time comes and I really hope that you are also really excited about getting new supplies if you’re heading back to school. Back-to-school clothes shopping/shopping the end-of-the-summer sales is also really great, as well. It’s just a really nice way to transition from summer and the start of school without getting depressed that summer’s over, you know?

Do you have any requests for back-to-school posts? Have you read “If I Stay” and do you want to see the movie? Do you watch the TCA’s or the MMVA’s? Leave your comments and share your thoughts below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


No comments:

Post a Comment