Saturday, August 16, 2014

New Layout and New Blog Features + Free Green Social Media Buttons!

style generis blog makeover

Hi there! This has been a long time coming, but I finally made over my little nook of the internet and I'm really proud, okay. Lots of hard work was put into this new layout and I really hope that you guys like it as much as I do!

The most exciting change for me is that this little blog's URL is no longer stylegeneris.BLOGSPOT.com... it's www.stylegeneris.com!!! I finally got around to getting my own domain/URL, so there's that. It took way longer than I thought it would, but it's here now, so let's celebrate that, yeah?

Basically, a bunch of photos were taken and it was pretty much one of the most awkward "photoshoots" I've ever done. Instead of being on the side of my house as usual (because I needed and this blog needed a change in scenery), I went to my local park and there were just lots of big trees and all that. There was also a lady who was on her deck at about 8 o'clock in the morning, half an hour after I started and I swear she was watching me wondering what the hell I was doing.

Plus, there were also birds pooping for a solid two minutes about five metres away from me. Not fun.

In the end, after taking over 300 shots, I got the photos! Woot woot! I also changed all the fonts and revamped the side bar quite a bit among other things.

style generis blog makeover
There's a new picture of me and I made a Tumblr for this blog! Before, I had an ask.fm for you guys to ask me questions, but I wanted there to be a search feature so you can like sift through the answers. In short, I just wanted everything to look a bit more organised, so check out the Tumblr if you want to ask me anything! I've moved the answers that weren't completely random from my previous ask.fm's to the Tumblr as well.

I also made my own social media buttons out of the greenery in the background, so you can use that for your website as well, if you're interested.

twitter green social media button


facebook green social media button


pinterest green social media button


tumblr green social media button


rss social media button


All you have to do is copy the code below into an HTML gadget in the layout part of Blogger and alter it to your preferences, and you're good to go!


If you'd like me to make a tutorial on how to make these yourself with your own background, colour, pattern, whatever, let me know in a comment!

style generis blog makeover

Moving on, I tried to add drop down menus, but HTML just didn't want to cooperate, so I decided to add some categories on the side for some big columns and categories of posts here on Style Generis.

style generis blog makeover
If you're a brand/company interested in advertising on Style Generis, you can do so now. Just scroll down on the side bar underneath the followers widget or click here.

style generis blog makeover

I also got a LOOKBOOK.nu account if any of you want to follow me. I'll be posting my outfits on there if you'd like to check that out. Right now, there isn't anything, hence the lonely gadget, but there'll be stuff coming up on there soon!

style generis blog makeover

For my blog at a glance, I've added all the labels that I use all the way at the bottom of the side bar. I still have to retag a bunch of things, but that's it for now. 

style generis blog makeover

I've also revamped the tabs at the top and I even have a temporary back to school tab for all you students going back to school in the fall. It'll also make navigating the blog a bit easier. I've also changed up the ABOUT and CONTACT page as well as added a DISCLOSURE page.

That's pretty much it for what I changed! I'm sure there's at least one more thing I'm missing, but I just can't think of it right now, aha.

What do you think of the makeover? What is your favourite new change? Are you going to be using the social media buttons? Leave your comments and share your thoughts!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


4 comments:

  1. Everything looks so pretty! And actually, could you do a tutorial on how to make social media buttons? I'd really love to revamp mine ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And of course! I'll add that to my schedule. - J

      Delete
  2. I really like the simple look of your blog! It's weird, but my favorite widget is the "advertise" on the right. I mean, the look of it.
    (But I think you forgot to change your age just above "more about me"?
    I can feel your pain about drop down menus! I tried that for a long time and HTML didn't want to cooperate every. single. time. So frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, yeah, I haven't yet! Oops... but thank you! - J

      Delete