Sunday, August 24, 2014

Sunday Funday: August 24/14

Image Credit: Major Clanger via PhotoPin CC
Hi there! First off, I just wanted to apologise for being MIA for the majority of this past week. I had a lot planned for you guys, but things just came up and the 24 hours in a day didn’t feel like enough to do everything that I had to do. I really want to make this daily blogging schedule work, so I’ll try my hardest to do that for you because it’s something that’s really important to me.

Overall, I just had a really, really crazy and busy week. Basically I’ve just been doing a whole ton of house cleaning and getting rid of all the junk that has accumulated over the nine years that I’ve been living at my house. It’s always been something that has been at the back of my mind for the longest time, but we just never got around to really doing it and I’m so, so glad that I finally took that leap and just cleaned like a mad woman.

You know those junk drawers that you just shove everything into and they just look like a mess and you never want to open them ever? Yeah, like most families, we had a few of those in the kitchen and my brother and I just cleaned them out one day. The amount of junk that I have lying around the house is actually insane. We now have bags upon bags upon bags of stuff that we (mostly me) found the need to buy but never ended up using that we’re donating to the Canadian Diabetes Association which I’m really excited to do.

That first bit made my family sound like a bit of a slob, but I promise it wasn’t as bad as I made it sound there. When I’m describing the messiness of any place in my house or that’s like mine, I tend to exaggerate just a bit.

But we do have like ten garbage bags full of junk that we’re donating.

Basic cleaning aside, I’ve also redecorated my bedroom quite a bit and as a good friend of mine said, it’s a lot more “Pinterest-worthy” now, which I took as a massive compliment. So many things were put up on my wall and they actually aren’t empty now, so that’s a pretty great change. I’ll be sharing with you how everything looks once I get it all sorted out as I did more of an overall redecoration and haven’t gone into each specific area (ie. my nightstand) to spruce it up properly.

Just yesterday, I had my birthday party with a bunch of my friends, which was absolutely amazing despite all the things that went wrong with it. A few people just didn’t show up and lots cancelled, but I ended up having a great time anyway. We had burgers on my deck and tons of other food and just hung out. I was really glad that for the most part, my friends from both my middle school and the ones from high school got along.

I didn’t get to spend as much time with each individual person as I wanted to, but it was a really fun time. I feel so lucky to have the friends that I do because they are just so freaking thoughtful and blew me away with the gifts that they got me. They just knew me a hell of a lot better, especially my new friends from school, than I thought and I just feel like the luckiest girl in the world. Of course, this puts quite a bit of pressure on me to give them all really fantabulous Christmas gifts, but I’m super excited about that. Anyway, so if you would like me to do like a post about what I got for my birthday, do let me know in a comment!

It’s mostly just been a week of cleaning and reorganising and decluttering on my part. I have been to the gym more often, thank goodness, but I don’t have plenty of exciting stories to share this week. I can’t really believe that I’m going back to school in a week and I’m not dreading it like most of the other kids. I am starting to feel a bit panicky because there are still a bunch of things that I have to do before school starts, but I’m pretty sure I’m excited. I know that sounds a bit weird, like that I don’t really know, but yeah, I think I’m excited.


Yeah.

What have you been up to this summer? Have you decluttered any space recently? How do you feel about school starting again soon? And do you want to see what I got for my birthday? Leave your comments below and I can't wait to read them!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


2 comments:

  1. Ha ha, how you ended this blog post crack me up. Yeah.
    I'd like to see what you got for birthday and your newly-redecorated room :)! It's always fun to see what people do and gain inspiration from it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you're interested in seeing that, so I'll add that to my schedule! I'm really very excited to show all of you my new room and I can't wait to share it with you. :) - J

      Delete