Sunday, August 3, 2014

Sunday Funday: August 3/14

Girl looking at flowers at sunset
Image Credit: Garrett Gill
Hi there! I just got to have my first full week of summer and it was absolutely phenomenal. So many exciting things happened and I’m just so stoked that it’s finally August.

August is probably my third favourite month of the year, only behind September and December. I might be a bit biased considering that it’s my birthday month, but it’s the month that I think is the true definition of summer and I can’t wait to live the next few weeks I have left to its fullest. There might not be that much time left, 29 days to be exact, but there’s no way in hell I’m going to let that stop me. After all, isn’t life about making the best out of what you have, no matter how little?

On Monday, my old friends and I went headed to a local beach/park to get together before one of our good friends heads off on vacation until school starts again. It was the only day left on which we could hang out, so we were going to do so no matter the weather. Unfortunately, Mother Nature decided to be annoying to us that day and it was rainy and gloomy all day.


We had a picnic outside with fried chicken and various other artery-clogging foods and it was a really fun time despite the rain. The picnic itself was pretty messy and wet most of the time, but there’s something about being surrounded by your closest friends that makes you forget about the inconveniences and discomfort and just enjoy the moment.

After eating, the rain really decided to pour down on us and we migrated to a more sheltered area where we just raided their picnic tables and did a Q&A – YouTube Whispers-style. If you don’t know what it is, it’s based on this original concept of a game of Telephone, except instead of just whispering it to the next person, that person has to be listening to music really loudly so they can’t hear what you’re saying, and only go off of what they can decipher from the words you’re mouthing.

At first, it didn’t work that well with the Telephone version, so we switched to the Q&A when which is basically the same concept, except it’s a Q&A and it made the game a hell of a lot more interesting. If you’re going to some kind of casual gathering and you need a game to play, I highly suggest doing a YouTube Whispers-type thing. It’s just absolutely hilarious and I don’t think I’ve ever laughed so much in my life. Well, that and the games of Heads Up we played.

The rest of my week was pretty chill, just days spent cleaning and finishing up my 50K words for Camp NaNoWriMo. Despite being over 10K words behind with a week left to write, I managed to finish the 50K of my story a day early and I was very, very proud. Call me silly, but I still can’t quite grasp the fact that I just spent the past month writing so many words. Like, when you look at it, 50 000 looks like quite a bit.

On Friday, one of my good friends and I headed to the gym for back to back fitness classes. It was her first class ever and I took her to a mixed martial arts class that is pretty high intensity and we really sweat it out. Then, it was Zumba which was a bit more lax and just fun as opposed to hard-core like the mixed martial arts class.

After that, we headed off to Starbucks to make use of some coupons she got in the mail, and after that, we went for lunch at Pizza Hut. I’m not someone who’s completely head-over-heels in love with pizza, but I’m a sucker for anything with pineapples, hence my undying love for Hawaiian pizza. I got a tiny little Hawaiian one and it was just the best ending to a really fun day.

Breakup Formula Hepburnettes WattpadNevada halfpast hepburnettes wattpad
Image Credit: left, right

In the reading department, I've seen hepburnettes's stories in the recommended and featured sections of Wattpad, but never really got around to reading any of them until this week and oh my gosh, they are so lovely. I recommend Breakup Formula and Nevada which is on her other account called halfpast. Such lovely, lovely books that you should definitely check out if you're a fan of online books.

Saturday was a very productive day for me. That morning, I started a bunch of posts that are coming up soon, bused to Michael's to pick up some supplies for the flower crown DIY, and have nearly finished the whole crown. I'll admit, I was a tad nervous about it because the idea was so rough in my head, but the majority of it has turned out pretty darn well so far, if I do say so myself. There's just the finishing touch left to add this morning and then you'll be able to see the tutorial on Monday!

I hope that the anon who requested this is still around (if you are, give me a shout!) and that you'll like it.

What's your favourite thing that happened this week? Do you have any fun games you usually play at a party? What's been on your reading list lately? Leave your comments below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


No comments:

Post a Comment