Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Would You Ever: Get a Bob?

Image Credit: Vogue
Hi there! Ever since the weather started warming up a couple months ago, I noticed that a lot of the girls at my school just started chopping off their hair, a trend that was mirrored on my blog and Instagram feed. It seemed as if everyone was getting rid of their long, luscious locks and going for a fresher and short 'do. Heck, I two of my friends even went for the chop.

While I think hair trends are unconventional and inconvenient to follow, I did consider and am admittedly still considering chopping off some hair, too. There's just something about that tousled bob of messy waves that's so intriguing and that makes me really want to have that hair, preferably on a day or two lease as opposed to long-term.

Image Credit: Vogue UK
Image Credit: Style Bistro
Firstly, there's Emma Watson. After being finishing up with Harry Potter, it took her no time to go ahead and chop of the long curly locks she was known for on the silver screen. While I wasn't a huge fan of her pixie cut to be completely honest, I really do love the longer bob that it's grown into. It gives her a more youthful and playful vibe that her longer tresses stood in the way of.

Image Credit: Style Bistro
Image Credit: Marie Claire
I feel like whenever a celebrity cuts their hair, there's an initial shock that passes through the whole online world, especially models because actors constantly switch up their looks for roles whereas models are a bit more known for their signature looks despite the costumes they put on for gigs.

When she first cut it, I remember thinking that I really, really liked it, and I still do to this day. Karlie cut it back in February 2013 for Vogue and there's no denying that her now-signature wavy bob suits her well and let's her radiance shine through without a heavy curtain of hair.

Image Credit: Jenn Im
Image Credit: Jenn Im

For some people, short hair suits them so well that you almost can't even imagine the days when they had hair nearly down to their waist, like Jenn from clothesencounters on YouTube. If you watch her or even if you just see these pictures, you know that she's an edgy girl and there was something almost a bit too innocent with her super long locks and fringe. She must've thought so too because one day, she decided that she was sick of having the same hair for years and chopped it off.

Honestly, if I was to go short one day, Jenn and her long bouncy bob, which is a beautiful, beautiful myriad of browns, would definitely be one of my main influencers.

Taylor Swift Hair
Image Credit: Style Bistro
Image Credit: Glamour
Finally, there's Taylor Swift. She's the most recent member of the short hair club and again, like with Emma, I wasn't that big of a fan of her short hair when she first chopped it off. It just looked a bit off to me, but lately as the photos of her stellar New York street style surfaced, I've come to really love her new length. She's been known as that sweet and innocent country girl for a while and she's certainly trying to switch up her look and experiment, which is something that I'm really happy and proud to see happen, especially because she does it so tastefully.

What did you think of these ladies' short hairstyles? Would you ever go short, or have you already? What's a hair trend that you followed? Leave your comments and share your stories below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


4 comments:

  1. I love that you made this post! Yeah, I'm definitely guilty of dreaming about short hair and I really try not to cut them short (but I'm afraid it will happen in near future).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet compliments, Evamaria! And when you DO cut your hair, I can't wait to see how you style that fiery bob of yours. ;) - J

      Delete
  2. Haha, when I saw the title of this post Taylor and Emma are the very firsts that popped into my mind. They're probably two of my favorite ladies, and they both chopped their hair off....well great minds think alike? XD
    I've been considering to cut my hair since May mainly because of the weather. But no, I had plans for my hair already--I want to keep it until it's long enough, and then donate it. So my hair will be staying with me for quite some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Great minds DO think alike!
      That's a really gracious thing that you're doing by donating your hair and I'm proud. :D - J

      Delete