Wednesday, September 3, 2014

September's Big Five

Image Credit: Luigi_Alesi via PhotoPin CC
Hi there! It's crazy to think that it's already September, isn't it? You've probably heard this a lot, or at least something along these lines, but it feels like it was just yesterday that I was writing about New Year's Resolutions and now we're into the last third of 2014.

Crazy.

September is definitely one of my favourite months of the year and there are lots of things to be excited for this year, so keep reading for the monthly list!

Fashion Month starting on the 4th

Image Credit: Mercedes Benz Fashion Week
I won't be covering Fashion Month very much at all except for maybe a favourites post and "Looks for Less" one at the start of next month, but that doesn't mean I won't be following along with the biggest semiannual event that occurs in the fashion industry. I'm definitely going to make an effort to be more in the know this year than I've been the past couple of years and am really excited to be inspired, as lame and cheesy as that sounds.

What to Where: Photo Day on the 10th

With the start of school comes Photo Day which you can either dread or dress up a lot for. I'll be sharing with you this year ideas on what you could wear the day of to look your best in a photo you'll have to live with for the rest of the year. It'll be mostly fashion-oriented as I'm not a beauty expert at all, but I hope you'll find it helpful nonetheless!

The Maze Runner on the 19th


I read the book a couple of years ago and I remember thoroughly enjoying it, even if it did freak me out a little bit. I couldn't really get through the 2nd book, let alone the 3rd, so I don't really know how good of a series it really is, but I still really want to go see the movie when it comes out. The trailer actually looks epic and amazing and I can't wait. You should definitely check out the trailer above and the book if you haven't already.

The First Day of Autumn on the 23rd

Fall is for sure my favourite fashion season of the four just because I adore layering and fall is perfect time to mix and match pieces from my summer and winter wardrobe. Whenever I think of fall, I think of "cozy," pumpkin spice lattes, warm knits and other snuggly things, so there's that to be excited about, as well.

Fall doesn't last very long here in Canada, or at least where I live as it's not long before the weather makes a bitter turn for the cold and we're all stuck in our winter jackets again.

New TV shows coming back ALL MONTH!

Image Credit: ABC via SceneSisters
TV is a pretty big part of my life and it's what I gravitate towards as a breather from the hectic school days and nights spent doing non school-related things (I assure you, I'm not on YouTube wasting time away - I'm actually doing productive things that can very easily suck the life out of me).

The one I'm particularly excited about is Castle which is my favourite TV show ever that's coming back on the 29th. A lot happened in last season's finale and it left us on such a crazy cliffhanger that I'm sure millions will be tuning in to see what happens next.

What are you most excited about this September? Which designer collections are you most curious to see over the course of Fashion Month? Do you recommend any TV shows that I should check out? Leave your comments and share your thoughts below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


2 comments:

  1. Autumn is also my favorite season (but autumn may not be really different from winter in my country)! When it's autumn it means that the weather won't be so freakishly hot and all that comes with autumn like pumpkin are awesome (even though I can have those in other seasons as well)
    I heard about The Maze Runner years ago but I never really got the chance to read it. Now that it's turned into a movie, I hope there will be some copies in my local library.
    I'm actually really guilty of spending time on Youtube, but I don't consider it a waste of time because I actually learn a lot from Youtubers and those educational videos :p . But I also watch TV shows, although I don't know if you'd like them... there's Doctor Who, Sherlock, NCIS, and occasionally House. I'd really like to know what Castle's about, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's not really that different in Canada either. It's that excrutiatingly short period of bliss between summer and winter.
      You should most definitely check out the book! I've heard that the rest of the series isn't that great, but the first is pretty great.
      Yes! YouTubers are great and there are tons of things you can learn form them, I definitely agree. :)
      I've heard a ton about Doctor Who, Sherlock and all those other shows, so I'm going to check them out soon. I remember watching an episode or two of Sherlock in 7th grade for English class, but I haven't gotten around to checking out the rest yet. :/
      Castle is about an immature and slightly goofy mystery writer named Richard Castle who shadows NYPD Detective Beckett as "research" and it's just a fun, mainly light-hearted crime TV show set in NYC. If you like NCIS and are looking for something a bit less intense, you might like Castle! :) - J

      Delete