Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Ultimate Fall Essentials

Image Credit: Billy Wilson via Flickr
Hi there! Inspired by Raise.com, I figured that since it's very nearly fall, it'd be a good idea to share with you my fall essentials for this year.

Raise.com is a website where you can sell or buy gift cards for a discount. We all get gift cards to places sometimes that we don’t actually shop at very often and they end up wasting away in our wallets, so I really love how Raise.com gives you a chance to both get rid of unwanted gift cards and buy them at a discounted price.

For all the essentials I’ll be mentioning, you can buy gift cards from the site to get whatever it is you’re looking for at a lower price. I’ll also be including links for each one to some stores at which you can purchase these items for your benefit as well!

So let’s get into it.


1. Mossimo Supply Brown Combat Boots
2. UNIQLO Idlf Corduroy Slim Fit Pants
3. H&M Wide Wool-Blend Cardigan
4. OPI Every Month is Oktoberfest Nail Polish
5. Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte

1. Combat boots

Boots in general are a huge must for me when September rolls around and it’s probably my favourite type of shoe. They’re just so easy to wear and so comfortable as well that I just can’t help but love them.

I have more boots than I actually need, but one pair that’s only made its way into my collection recently are my combat boots from Target. Sometimes, having only tall boots and ankle boots can be kind of difficult when it comes to styling an outfit and coordinating the bottoms with the boots. Often times, a combat boot is just what you need to finish it off since it’s neither too tall nor too low.


2. Corduroy pants

Whenever I think of fall, my mind instantly creates this mood board of any clothing that’s mustard, burnt sienna, brown, and green. I also think of corduroy pants a lot because to me, that slightly fuzzy texture is absolutely perfect for this time of the year and works so well with anything from a button down to a simple t-shirt.

I got mine last year at Smart Set on a ridiculous sale, but tons of stores out there sell them. I even got myself two pairs from American Eagle around Boxing Day.


3. Chunky or oversized cardigan

A good cardigan is such a fall staple and it’s best to get one that’s knit so you can transition that from fall to winter as well. If you’re trying to get your money’s worth out of summer clothes, throwing on a chunky or oversized cardigan will instantly make it scream “cozy” which is pretty much synonymous to “fall.”

I got mine from the vintage show I went to back in March, I believe and while it’s not a traditional fall colour, it still makes its way into many of my outfits as the weather cools down in time for Christmas. Well, more like in time for Remembrance Day because I live in Canada.


4. Every Month is Oktoberfest by OPI

A dark nail polish that’s not black is also a must when it comes to this time of year. Personally, I’m not a big fan of just a plain black nail polish because it’s just too simple and flat for my taste, but I do really like the look of dark polishes. Two or three years ago, I came across this gorgeous polish from OPI and I pretty much wear it all of fall and winter because it works well with most outfits.

Also, in the sunlight, it brings out the most beautiful golden flecks out of the dark plum colour and I fall in love with the colour over and over again every time I decide to wear it.


5. Pumpkin Spice Latte (or anything pumpkin)

I’ve heard people rave on and on about the pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks and while it’s not something that’s out of this world in my opinion, I do think it’s an essential for fall. It just smells like fall and makes me feel really happy, so I’m probably going to pick up a cup of this sometime in the next few months. Personally, I prefer chai tea lattes, so I might have one or two as a cheat/treat as well, but the thing about the pumpkin spice for me is that it’s kind of a novelty drink that I very willingly buy into.


Which essential has been added to your list? What are your fall essentials? What is your favourite thing about fall? Leave me a comment below and share your stories because I’d love to hear them!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


4 comments:

  1. In my opinion these are fall essentials too! I'm sad we don't have Starbucks in Estonia, because I'd like to try the pumpkin spice latte. :/ I would also add tights and long stockings to this essentials list. To me, fall is the perfect time to wear dresses and look preppy.

    My favourite thing about fall is rainy days at home when you don't have any responsibilities and you can make a cup of coffee and read a good book. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great and you should definitely try it out if you ever get the chance to head over to the States or somewhere else in Europe. There are some great pumpkin spice latte recipes out online that probably taste even better and more authentic than the Starbucks version, so maybe you could try to recreate them that way. - J

      Delete
  2. Cardigans and combat boots are definitely part of my autumn essentials, and as much as I would LOVE to try the pumpkin spice latte, anything with a lot of caffeine gives me a headache :( Another thing I would add to this list though is infinity scarves :)

    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, yes! Infinity scarves are a must-have when the weather gets colder. - J

      Delete