Thursday, November 27, 2014

10 Things that Made Me Happy: November

Image Credit: deadoll via PhotoPin CC
Hi there! I started a new series in September called "10 Things that Made Me Happy" which is pretty self-explanatory. Basically, I just listed 10 things that brightened up my day and brought me some joy in a certain month... but I only did it for September, so I thought I'd bring it back again today. Keep reading if you want to know what's been, well, making me happy!

1. Pampering myself

I was never one to really take care of their body/skin really well by doing little spa nights or whatever at home, but ever since I got a LUSH fresh face mask (Cosmetic Warrior) and Grease Lightning which is a spot treatment, I've just been feeling so good about my skin. Yes, I only got it last weekend and yes, my skin is most certainly not at its prime right now since I have a few spots here and there, but I'm noticing a big difference in the way my skin feels and it's just a great feeling.

2. Wearing makeup

Carrying on with the whole beauty thing, I very, very rarely ever wore makeup last year. My parents never really allowed me to and after wanting so badly to wear makeup for a good two years, I just kind of gave up. At the end of the day, I'm glad that my parents did that because while I did feel a bit left out because all of my friends were wearing makeup and it felt like everyone was wearing makeup, the reason why I wanted to wear it back then wasn't the reason that I would've wanted to wear it today - if that made any sense.

I don't have anything against anyone who wants to wear it to cover up or whatever because essentially, that's what we're trying to do which is make ourselves look better, but I didn't feel that confident back then and if I'd just worn a bunch of makeup all the time, I know that I wouldn't be having as much fun with it as I am now.

Things that I've been wearing lately are my Revlon lipstick in Plum Velour which is just so beautiful, Shiseido cream concealer, Maybelline's Mega Plush mascara, and a pretty simple eyeshadow look from a palette that I really shouldn't be using because of its age. I've been debating whether or not to get one of the Naked or the Naked Basics palettes because they basically have all the colours that I use, except twenty million times better. (Products all used here)

Ooh, and my Shiseido eyelash curler has been a doll.

3. Getting support from friends and people who I don't really even talk to about my magazine

If you read my Sunday Funday or know me in real life, you know that my magazine is something that I'm so, so proud of and the whole thing was just so exciting and crazy for me. It's just so amazing to get such great feedback from lots of people, even randomly in the halls sometimes or from friends of friends because it just shows that all of my hardwork was worth it in the end.

I dunno, it's just a really cool feeling that makes me just a smitch giddy sometimes.

4. Excitement that's building up for...

...getting a dog! My brother really wanted to get a dog, specifically a husky, but they're difficult to deal with, especially if it's your first dog, so my parents have managed to convince him to be okay with getting a golden retriever instead. That sounded a lot worse than it actually is guys, aha. 

My family has been planning very excitedly for the past few weeks about it and while it's given people headaches multiple times, I couldn't be more overjoyed about this. Actually, no, I would be even happier if the dog was coming before Christmas, but we're getting her five days after, unfortunately. :(

5. The snow and bundling up in scarves

This is a pretty bad time to post this because the snow all melted over the weekend (aka after I'd started brainstorming for this), but it was still something that made me happy for like two weeks nonetheless. There's just something so magical and beautiful about winter that makes me so happy.

Oh, and comfy scarves that double as great pillows for when your teacher decides to pop a movie in for the class is also an added bonus.

6. Scrolling through Taylor Swift's Tumblr

I don't really have a Tumblr (translation: I have an account but I reblog/post absolutely nothing) but checking Taylor's is a part of my daily routine. There are just so many lovely inside jokes that all Swifties will understand and she is just so nice to interact with her fans the way she does.  

7. Running

Okay, this one is not entirely accurate because I hate running with a passion (not a very passionate passion, but a passion nonetheless), but I feel so good after running that I do it anyway. You'd be surprised at how creative my excuses are when I just don't feel like running, but the times I do drag myself onto the treadmill which is conveniently at home, I feel great about 30 minutes afterwards.

8. Skype conversations

I don't go on Skype ever unless it's to talk to a friend who regularly deactivates her Facebook or to Skype with D who I don't get to talk to very often at all. We just scheduled some time to talk earlier this week and it was just so nice. Talking to her like "face-to-face" is just really refreshing after keeping some things bottled up for a while.

9. My dad's big fancy camera

Photography has always been my dad's thing, but ever since I borrowed one of his big and more professional cameras for the photoshoot for my magazine, I've grown a certain fondness for it. I just can't help that the higher quality photos just draw me in. You can definitely expect higher quality photos for my Style Diary posts.

10. My unicorn onesie

I never thought that I'd be one to wear a onesie. They just seemed like a fad that just happened to curate a huge following and I just didn't want to buy into and was never tempted to. Then, I saw them at work and I just lost the fight I didn't even know I was fighting. 

I've been extremely comfortable lounging around at home and sleeping in my massive unicorn onesie. I even got my brother one as well and we're just two cute little unicorns running around the house.

Basically, it's great.

What has been making you super happy this month? Are there any things on my list that happen to be on yours? If you need to get to a happy place in your mind, what do you think of? Leave your comments and share your stories below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J

No comments:

Post a Comment