Sunday, December 21, 2014

Sunday Funday: December 21/14

Photo By Samuel Zeller
Image Credit: Samuel Zeller
Hi there! Just so you know, this is going to be the second last Sunday Funday of 2014. The thought of 2015 being just around the corner freaks me out just a smitch. For some reason, I feel a bit more relaxed and prepared about it even though it really just hit me that twenty FIFTEEN is nearly here. I'm a strange child.

I haven't written a Sunday Funday in a really long time, it feels like. It also feels like I've said that somewhat recently. Oops. Apologies are in order, of course for the flakiness of my online presence. I'm not even sure what's been up with me lately besides the usual "I've been busy" which I really don't want to reiterate, but being a better blogger in 2015 is one of my big goals for the upcoming year. So rest assured - I know I've been bad.

This week has been a pretty good and almost relaxed week. Well, as relaxed as a week can be during this time of the year. Monday was spent recovering (ish) from the Christmas-themed middle school reunion I hosted at my place and reminiscing about the good times we had. Actually, as I'm trying to pinpoint specific events that marked each day, the whole week just kind of blurs all together in a smushy blob of Christmas excitement, paper, and school.

In case you were wondering, the paper is because I make Christmas cards to both sell and give, and I've been making enough to nearly see paper behind my eyelids whenever I close them.

One of my most vivid memories of this week was definitely Thursday night. I was sitting at my card-making table making cards for my teachers, my brother's teachers, and my friends, my dad was in his work room watching some movies, I think, my mom was wrapping a few gifts for my brother's friends, and he was making bread pudding for his teachers in the kitchen. Just a side note, I think it's awesome how bread pudding has pretty much become his thing recently. He's made it about three times now? I'm just really proud that he can actually do something in the kitchen (not that he hasn't before, but now people are actually seeing that, you know?).

Anyway, it was the last night before the break and we were all just frantically trying to get everything done. I don't even know how many times I said "I just want to sleep" or grumbled or complained that night, but I do know that it was a pretty darn awesome time in the end because while we were all doing separate things, we got to hang out as a family for the most part and participate altogether in this craziness that is the holidays.

All our hard work paid off though because the next day, I got to watch all of my school friends open their gifts and see the expressions on their faces. My friends also gave me some lovely gifts as well, but I'm going to save all those photos and stuff for my Christmas Goodies post that'll be up sometime after Christmas. Let's just say that I've already been using them quite a bit and I'd only gotten them on Friday.

Friday was pretty much an unspoken half-day since we had an assembly/coffeehouse-type thing the second half of the day that only a fraction of the school actually attends. I went home, planned for my blog and my life, watched some videos, and somehow fell asleep until 7 pm? I got into the really bad habit of taking spontaneous naps due to my lack of sleep the night before. BUT I had a really good time before that nap so honestly, whatever. I will get my sleeping stuff together in 2015.

Something super exciting that's happening soon besides Christmas and New Year's and all that jazz is that I'm getting a dog soon! Well, a golden retriever puppy to be exact and I couldn't be more excited about it. It was a totally spontaneous decision to get one (we decided around late November, I think) and we're getting Nova (named after the Saving Elliot character because the name - November - is lovely and it can be shortened to Nova, and then I can call her Super Nova) on December 30th. 

It's going to be a great day.

Anyway, it's past 12 where I am now as I'm writing this and I've come down with a cold, so I'm going to end my not-even-that-rambly ramble here. I've missed you guys.

What have you been up to lately? Has this week been hectic for you? Do you have any tips on getting rid of my nasty nap habit (that are a bit more than just get more sleep, aha) or taking care of a puppy? If you do, it'd be awesome and very much appreciated if you send them my way. :)


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


2 comments:

  1. You'll get a puppy called SUPERNOVA?? If that isn't cool enough, I don't know what is!
    My advice (coming from my experience) is that it's okay to take naps (lack of sleep is intolerable!) but just remember to still go to bed on regular time (I have the bad habit of going to bed later than usual if I took a nap earlier, because I think the nap somehow nap counts as regular sleeping time, which doesn't, really) But if you already did that...just ignore me. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEP! Super Nova is totally going to be the bomb dot com. And my napping is seriously getting out of control. x

      Delete