Sunday, January 18, 2015

Sunday Funday: January 18/15

Photo By Chelsea Francis
Image Credit: Chelsea Francis
Hi there! This past week has been quite the fun one. I managed to post all the days that I was supposed to (Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and today!), so I'm pretty proud of that. If things keep going like this, I'll probably get myself back on track with this whole consistency thing.

I thought that January would be such an insanely busy month for me since there are four birthdays that I have to celebrate, summatives to complete, exams to write, and sometimes, there's even Lunar New Year at the end of the month. Thankfully, this year, it'll be in February, so we'll talk about in a few weeks.


Another thing I'm grateful for is how it actually isn't as bad as I'd thought it'd be. While I've had to do quite a bit of homework, I've somehow managed to get really obsessed with a TV show called White Collar that I mentioned in last week's post, as well. Only difference is that last week, I was about five episodes into season one and now, I'm about five episodes into season four.

I'm shamefully looking down at my feet right now as I write that, but I also have a ridiculously giddy expression on my face since the show is just so, so good. If you like crime and humour but aren't a huge fan of murder mysteries, this is the show for you. Or if you like Matt Bomer, that's a qualifying factor, too.

In terms of school, everything is pretty chill and relaxed for me at the moment and something that I'm pretty stoked about is my art summative which is basically that we have to paint either an abstract landscape or cityscape. Of course, being the New York-lover that I am, I picked the latter.

What I love about painting and what I love about how it can be abstract is that I don't have to worry about it looking real. It just gives me the liberty of knowing that I can mess up and it'll be okay which works out great because I'm totally for happy accidents. They happen too often in my life for me to get annoyed every single time something goes wrong.

My dog Nova is growing up so quickly, it's honestly a bit hard to keep up with. Her pooping habits inside the house was also a bit hard to keep up with, but thankfully, as a family, we've managed to correct that. 

Her paws have gotten so much bigger and her face has considerably grown, and she's just an adorable ball of fur that I want to hug all the time.

On Saturday, I had my first ever (sewing) class at the community college in town. I was absolutely terrified at the thought of being around college kids, but it turns out that there really are only two in the class and that the rest are adults. It's all such a strange experience, but I'm sure I'll get so much out of it. If you can take classes outside of your high school, I totally think you should do it so you're better prepared for later on.

How was your week? Have you been obsessed with any TV shows lately? How's school going for you? Leave a comment below and share your thoughts!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


No comments:

Post a Comment