Sunday, March 1, 2015

Sunday Funday: March 1/15

Photo By Oliver Berghold
Image Credit: Oliver Berghold
Hi there! It's been a while since I've done one of these posts and I apologise. I just didn't feel comfortable writing one of these after not posting for a few days because it was just a ramble about what has been going on in my life, a ramble that felt very self-centered to write when I hadn't written anything else the rest of the week.

It's the start of a new month, which makes me really, really excited. Despite my resolutions, January and February are typically the two months of the year that I'm the lowest in terms of productivity and enthusiasm. In January, the thought of exams and summatives just weigh me down, even if I don't have that much homework, and in February, while there are a handful of events that get me pumped, it doesn't last long. To add to the list, the cold really doesn't help the situation.

So it's usually in March that things actually start to pick up because I realise, "WHOA. Two months of the year have already gone by. We are now going into the end of the first quarter. !!!" And then I'll proceed to freak out for about 20 seconds before making goals and planning out all the stuff I have to accomplish that month.

But overall, I'm pretty stoked about the new month. 

I seem to do this thing where I forget most of what I did over the course of the week before when I go to sit down and write my Sunday Funday. This week was no different, but here are a few of the things that stood out in my memory...

ED ED ED

Image Credit: MTV UK
I'm a massive Ed Sheeran fan and I was so pleasantly surprised when I found out that he was coming to my city on tour. My friend with whom I'm going with just got us tickets on Monday and I'm just so, so excited to see him in June. I'm expecting to be wowed by him because he's just so freaking amazing.

Needless to say, it's going to be one fun night and I'm really pumped.

Musical Talk

Image Credit: Delaware Nerd
My school is doing a musical again this year called Fiddler on the Roof and since last year's was so good (we also swept the town's musical awards so GO US), I'm really excited to see what they have in store for us this year. I have a handful of friends who are in the show, and another handful who work behind the scenes, so it's going to be great to see what they've been working so tirelessly on for the past few months.

Magazine Excitement


As you might already know, I'm the EIC of an online fashion magazine at school and while we haven't been able to work very much on it as a whole this past month because a good chunk of the members are all a part of the musical, we've been talking about the lookbooks. Yes, lookbooks PLURAL. We have so many awesome ideas and since it's so cold outside, we won't be shooting outdoors, and I just got some photos of the house we'll be shooting today and it's just perfect.

We still have to get a bunch of extra decor just so it goes along more with the mood of this one particular shoot, but I'm really freaking excited about this. March is going to be quite the busy month for me since I have the magazine that will be coming out at the end of this month.

YouTube Shenanigans

I've been having some fun with my YouTube channel this month and I'm really happy with the direction in which it's going. I was able to film a nice lengthy video on Saturday, but I accidentally deleted all the footage (I know, smart me) and wasn't able to recover it, so I wasn't able to put up a video today. BUT I'm planning on filming it again tomorrow after school, so it won't be so bad, I guess.

I somehow managed to go through the whole video without realising that I'd forgotten to put on some mascara, which I don't even know how that even happened, but I guess the universe works in really, really weird and inconvenient ways.

Just as a bit of shameless self-promo, I have a video detailing my favourite 3 overnight oats recipes, a winter lookbook, and a DIY video if you want to check those out. Subscribing would be nice, too. ;P

I've also managed to figure out how to work the focus which is NOT automatic on my camera, so if you do end up subscribing (I'd love you forever), you can expect better quality starting tomorrow night.

Any concerts you want to head to in the near future? Does your school do a musical or play? What's exciting in your life at the moment? Leave your comments and share your thoughts below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


2 comments:

  1. Loved your videos and subscribed! For me it's march break and a lot of winter sports.
    xo¸
    Béa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for saying that Béa! That was so nice of you, AND you subscribed. :) x

      Delete