Monday, May 4, 2015

May's Big Five


Hi there! It's insane how we're already into the 5th month of the year, eh? I certainly can't believe it. The weather's starting to get so much warmer and it's just so darn nice out. There's lots to be excited for this month, but here are five of the top things on my list.

MET Gala on the 4th (today!)

Despite there being a scheduling conflict with some other big event in Paris (or some other place in Europe), I can't wait to see all the beautiful gowns that will be going down the red carpet tonight. The theme that Andrew Bolton's come up with for the exhibition is all about the "idea of China" and how people think of it. I can definitely see how it could be a controversial theme, but I'm so excited to see how it turns out when I go check out the exhibition for myself at the end of next month.

1989 Tour Debut on the 5th

Image Credit: Met Life Stadium
I strongly considered waking up at 3 am to go on Tumblr and take part in the fun of the first night of this incredible tour - that is until I found out that I had two presentations on Wednesday. However, 1989 is already Taylor's biggest success (I'm crossing my fingers for that success to continue at Grammys), so I'm confident that this tour is going to be absolutely INSANE. 

And of course, like any other crazy passionate Swiftie, I'm so pumped.

Mother's Day on the 10th


You can't possibly forget this day of the year! My mom does so much for me and I'm sure yours does, too. Treat her to something nice, perhaps a material item that she's been wanting for a while but has never had the guts to go and splash out on, or a nice gesture like cleaning the house as a surprise or cooking her breakfast/lunch/dinner.

Here's a gift guide I made from two years ago if you're stumped in the gift department.

Pitch Perfect 2 on the 15th


I really enjoyed the first Pitch Perfect movie and I can't wait to see this one. I'm not going to lie, the fact that Hailee Steinfeld's in this one ups my desire to go see it by 500%. Here's to hoping it doesn't disappoint!

DIY: Daisy Shorts on SG on the 18th

I've been wanting to DIY daisy shorts ever since I pinned them in the winter, so I'll definitely be sharing with you how I made them in a post. I think these are going to be great for the summertime as daisies are such a fun pattern that goes with lots.

What are you most excited for in May? Are there any things you have to add to the list? Are you a Taylor Swift fan ('cause I need someone to fangirl with)? Leave your comments and share your stories below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


No comments:

Post a Comment