Sunday, May 24, 2015

Sunday Funday: May 24/15

Image Credit: David Mao via Unsplash
Hi there! I feel like it's been way too long since I last sat down to write one of these. I'm pretty proud 
of myself for managing to keep up with my blogging schedule this week, though. It's been way, way, way too long, way longer than my little Sunday Funday hiatus, since I last blogged properly. Hopefully, this is the start of something good, guys. I'm so excited about this.

This picture is a pretty accurate depiction of how I feel at the moment. Firstly, I'm absolutely exhausted (hence the unmade made), but I'm (kind of) fully rested and am now ready to conquer the day with my cheerful deep mint mug filled with steaming tea and the morning light streaming through the window. There's also a little peek of a keyboard which represents my recent obsession with making calendars and crazy (but old) obsession with making to-do lists. More on that later.

My week has actually been pretty good. While I've been really good at eating healthy, I haven't been working out like I should be, so for the past two weeks, since I've been pretty busy, I've only started to slowly ease myself back into a proper workout routine. Working does make me feel so much better and definitely energizes me, so I'm going to be starting to go hardcore before I head to New York in like 33 days. Honestly, I still can't wrap my head around it.


Ed


Image Credit: Christie Goodwin via Billboard.com
I've been listening to a lot of Ed Sheeran this week, mainly because of gotten bored of most of the music that I'd been listening to on repeat for the past two months. I'm going to his concert in just 10 days and I'm just so, so excited. It's Ed Sheeran, so I have no doubt it's going to be amazing. Plus, with how much I've been listening to his stuff this week both from + and x, I've found new favourites such as "Tenerife Sea" and "Nina." "Tenerife Sea" is probably my favourite song from x, but I'm pretty sure that'll change since my favourites have a tendency to do that when it comes to Ed.

Bad Blood

I don't know how many of you guys watched the Billboards last Sunday (which were amazing, by the way), but I think that even if you guys didn't, you've probably heard of Taylor's "Bad Blood" music video. As the massive Taylor Swift fan that I am, I was in front of my TV, waiting very impatiently for the video to premiere. Not to sound like an airhead of a teenager, but it slayed me. 

If you guys haven't seen it again, or just want to see the video for a second time that beat the Vevo record for most views in 24 hours, you can check it out below.


Also, can we please talk about how wicked the rapping bits of the remix are? I feel like this emoji 

👌 is very appropriate to describe it.

Sweet Sixteen

My best friend turned 16 last weekend and I organised a little surprise thing for her with a few of her school friends. While it wasn't that much of a surprise, it was still such a fun time. I feel 16 is such a big milestone and it's cool (and a little scary) to see my friends slowly, one by one, turn 16. 

Anyway, I finished as much as I could of her dress/Alice costume for the Taylor Swift concert (the zipper needs to be fixed and she needs a sash and apron still) to give to her for her birthday and I'm so happy with how it turned out. I'm about 99.9% sure that she doesn't her picture here, but I'll show you guys the finished product when it's all, well, finished. She's consented to that much, aha.

Calendar Making

Image Credit: William Iven via Unsplash
I like to think that I'm a pretty organised person, but especially recently, I've just been so drained so I've been more of a person who takes all the necessary steps in being organised and likes to be organised, but just likes to take naps to make up for her sleep deprivation.

That aside, I've just really become obsessed with making calendars. I have one massive one on Word right now that's all colour-coded so I can visualise my school, blogging, and YouTube responsibilities, personal projects like many, many sewing ones that I have to finish before New York, magazine work, and SAT studying. I also have another one on Evernote that's specifically my workout schedule and I'm so pumped to start checking off my workouts. It's going to feel so good. 

Being active and working out just makes me a lot more confident and while results are great and what I want to see, the actual action of going to the gym or just working out at home everyday slowly builds up my confidence in itself. While I realise that I'm privileged when it comes to my metabolism and such, I haven't been making the nicest comments to my reflection in the mirror. I just want to be body confident when I go to New York, you know?

What did you think of Taylor's new music video? Are you going to any concerts soon? What makes you feel confident? Leave your comments and share your thoughts down below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


1 comment:

  1. I don't really know what the Bad Blood video was about so...yeah. I might need to watch it again.
    But I've become a big fan of Ed Sheeran recently! Coincidentally (or maybe not), my favourite songs on x are also Tenerife Sea and Nina! Tenerife Sea is so relaxing and sweet, while Nina gives me all the chills, heartbreak feelings and emotions. Ed just feels so genuine and awesome.
    I can't wait to see the dress you made! The last one you showed was amazing, I'm guessing this one will me even better :)
    Glad you're feeling well recently. Hope it lasts! (That sentence felt like it has a negative undertone. Well it doesn't :P)

    ReplyDelete