Saturday, August 22, 2015

Back to School: First Day Outfit Ideas 2015

Photo By Eutah Mizushima
Image Credit: Eutah Mizushima via Unsplash
** This post is so long overdue, I'm so sorry, guys. **

Hi there! I wasn't originally going to write this post because I feel like I've done it so many times before anyway. (Here is last year's post and the year before's if you were curious.) However, I changed my mind once I realised that despite the year and despite how many times I've done it in the past, I will always, always be looking for first day outfit inspiration. So as long as I'm blogging, you can expect one of these every August, that's for sure.

Now, enough of me babbling. Let's get into it.
This first outfit is a fresh take on the 70's trend that is so crazy in right now. To keep from making the patterned blouse and suede button-down skirt from looking dated, I added some chunky white Chelsea boots and a nice mint watch. If you're not into heels for school (I personally think they're totally OK, especially for the first day of school), you can switch them out for oxfords! The big statement piece of the outfit was a twisted rope necklace from H&M to add a bit of punch.
 

Topshop Piped Floral Shirt
American Apparel Mint Pastel Leather Watch
H&M Twisted Gold Necklace
Office Cuckoo Chelsea Boot
Motel Rocks A-Line Suede Skirt

Playsuits are always a super fun and easy piece to wear. Of course, public bathrooms aren't the best when you're wearing them, but you instantly look put-together without having to fuss too much throughout the day. To dress up the simple denim playsuit, I added a gold tassel bracelet and cute lightning ear jackets that are such a nice quirky piece. To finish off, add a pop of red on the lips and some brown mules for some height.
 

H&M Lyocell Playsuit
Jeweliq Lightning Ear Jackets
Baublebar Festival Tassel Bracelet
NARS Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella
Forever 21 Buckled Peep-Toe Mules

Co-ord sets are always so fun, so I picked out a matching floral blazer and trouser set. For a bit of colour, I went for a soft pink boyfriend tee (also super comfortable!) and some metallic slip-on sneakers. It's always good to have a watch because you don't want to be late to class, especially on your first day and I'm so, so obsessed with this Kenzo one that's actually a lot more inexpensive than you'd think, haha.
 

ASOS Sleeveless Floral Blazer
ASOS Kickflare Floral Trousers
Old Navy Linen-Blend Boyfriend Tees
Vans Classic Slip-On Metallic Sneakers
Kenzo Black Small Tiger Head Watch

Dresses are such an easy piece to wear and this simple silhouette won't have you tugging on it throughout the day. To add a little something different, I went for some snakeskin sandals and added little bits of dainty jewellery for a bit of understated bling.
 

Hot Topic Sun Choker
Zara Suede Dress with Pockets
Carolee Gold Sun Bracelet
Gemma Simone Stacked Bracelets
Michael Antonio Snakeskin Sandals


Finally, for this outfit, I layered a sleeveless white button-down under an off-the-shoulder top to expose a bit of skin, but not too much for school. I mean, wear what you want as long as your school allows it, I'm all for it, but just remember that you do want to make a good first impression with your teachers (who might be a bit more conservative, you never know) on your first day.
 
I paired the top situation with a pair of high-waisted boyfriend jeans that aren't too distressed and some brown Chelsea boots. A nice pastel statement necklace finishes it off, and you're good to go!
 

Topshop Bardot Top
Glamorous White Cropped Button-Down Shirt
French Connection High-Rise Boyfriend Jeans
ASOS Another Planet Chelsea Ankle Boots
H&M Jeweled Necklace

Which outfit was your favourite? What is your favourite first day outfit of all time (that you've worn)? What are you planning on wearing this year? Leave your thoughts in a comment below!

 
Thank you so much for reading!
- J



1 comment:

  1. I don't get to choose what to wear for first day of school because I have to wear uniform every day, haha. But still my favourite outfit is probably the floral blazer one, it just looks super comfy really cool with the silver sneakers!

    ReplyDelete