Monday, August 31, 2015

Sunday Funday: August 30/15

 
** This was written yesterday, but I only got around to posting it today. Sorry guys :/ *
 
Hi there! (That was written sheepishly, just FYI.) I know that I’ve been a really… shitty blogger with my inconsistent schedule and, well, lack of a schedule at all, really. I’m not going to bother with excuses, but today will the first of many more posts that will come to your little screen on time. Just to reiterate, I’ll be updating on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. There will also be a post on Thursday, but that’s just to let you know about the video that I uploaded on my YouTube channel, so I don’t like to count that as another proper post.
work, work, work
As I mentioned last week, I started working at ZARA which was such a dream come true because I love the brand and the clothes are just so wonderful. I started as soon as I was old enough and it’s definitely more hectic than I’d expected and I work a lot more than I thought I would, but I’m having a really great time so far. It’s pretty amazing and I’m just so happy. My feet aren’t happy in the slightest as I have yet to break into my leather shoes, but my feet are being properly cushioned in band-aids so I’ll be all right for the time being.
new addiction: friends
 
Ever since I could remember, I’ve heard people talk about Friends. No, I’m not exaggerating, I’ve legitimately heard so many things about the show ever since I was super young, yet for some reason, I never thought to myself on a lonely Sunday afternoon, “Hmm… maybe you should start watching Friends since everyone including Taylor Swift adores it so much."
 
Anyway, flash-forward to August 2015 and I’ve decided to start the story of these eclectic New Yorkers and ACK it’s so good!!! My brother and my mom are so into it, too, which makes me so incredibly happy. I don’t even know where to begin when it comes to expressing how much I love the show, so I won’t try and end up rambling for too long. I think my favourite characters are Phoebe and Joey but they’re all pretty fantastic. I can’t wait to watch the next nine seasons.
 
music loves
 
Guys, I just feel so blessed right now – there are so many good albums that have either recently come out, or are coming out very soon. There’s Halsey’s new album BADLANDS that is so freaking amazing oh my GOD. “Castle,” “Colors,” “Gasoline,” and “Drive” are my favourites. Troye Sivan’s debut album’s coming out on September 4th along with Oh Wonder’s debut on the very same day. Like, my ears are going to hear so many beautiful sounds and I’m so excited.
Did I mention that Troye and BROODS collaborated on his album? Yeah, yeah, I know. I can’t quite believe it either. Let’s hope my heart will be okay on September 4th.
speaking of september 4th
There will be a new issue of LEO, the online fashion magazine that I started at my school, out on that same day. I’m still putting the finishing touches on it, but I’m just so excited for everyone to see it. Another exciting thing regarding the magazine is that people can buy printed copies of it, too, and there’ll be extra back-to-school hairstyles in it for $12 each ‘til September 3rd (at 11:59 PM EST if we’re going into technicalities). When September 4th rolls around, it’ll go up to $15.
I’ve wanted to put out a fall issue ever since I started thinking about this thing, so I’m really happy to get the chance to this year. Ahh guys, I’m just so excited about everything right now.
shopping date
 
Ever since I met B and K back when we were 12, we’ve gone to the mall together and have gone shopping, but about 85% of the time, I’m the one doing all the buying. Last Tuesday, we decided to go shopping and they were actually going to buy stuff, which made me really, really happy. It’s just really nice to go to the mall, or malls and not feel like you’re being a bit annoying because you’re going into the fitting rooms and trying stuff on while the friends you’re with are just window shopping.
It was just so great, guys. We had vegan burgers for lunch, then shopped downtown. After that, we hopped on the bus and headed to the mall close to my house (where I also happen to work) and shopped there too after eating dinner. It’s days like this that bring me an enormous sense of joy, however materialistic that sounds.
Do you have a part-time job? Are you a fan of Friends? Is there any new music that I should check out? Let me know in a comment down below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


No comments:

Post a Comment